Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 01:11 PM

3 posts, read 1,796 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a legal two family home with a finished basement in Queens, NY.
I have been advertising it in all of the websites I can think of and with the multiple listing service for my area, but I really want to reach out to landlords because the property could pull in a lot of rental income for a new owner.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the attention of landlords looking for a legal two family home with finished basement in a good neighborhood of NYC?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 03:35 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
im not sure why you would be looking for a LL. Do you mean investors? You f you're looking to sell to a investor I advise you not to. Investors are not going to pay going rate. They want it cash and cheap.

Are you a LL yourself?

Old 07-29-2017, 05:07 PM

I am not a landlord.
The property would be good for a landlord to buy because it is very rentable.
Most of the people answering my advertisements are looking for a single family house.
I would like to know how to get my advertisement to landlords looking to buy a property to rent out.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Are you advertising it for rent or for sale? Potential landlords/ investors aren't looking for rental properties. If you want to sell it; get yourself an agent and list it.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
You can contact any of those we buy your house cash places. Hell contact a bunch of them and let them make you offers

Old 07-29-2017, 07:10 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyAvailable View Post
Hello,

I have a legal two family home with a finished basement in Queens, NY.
I have been advertising it in all of the websites I can think of and with the multiple listing service for my area, but I really want to reach out to landlords because the property could pull in a lot of rental income for a new owner.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the attention of landlords looking for a legal two family home with finished basement in a good neighborhood of NYC?

TIA
Quote:
I am not a landlord.
Most of the people answering my advertisements are looking for a single family house.
I would like to know how to get my advertisement to landlords looking to buy a property to rent out.
You are going to get all sorts of people answering your ad who just can't or don't read. So if you are specifically advertising it as a "2 Family Home" that should be enough to indicate to readers that it is a rental property and then you will just have to weed out the responses you get who didn't read the ad. If you can go further than that on a listing site that has an area for "rental properties for sale" then that would be the route to take or just state "2 Family Rental Home For Sale" in the header of your ad.

It would be too difficult to find a way to specifically target "landlords" because people who are interested in property to buy for rental use are not necessarily already landlords. There are many people out there that are looking to purchase a property for rental use their very first time and then there are perhaps current landlord owners who are not interested in anymore rental properties.

I say just stick with the way you are advertising it now with using any of the possible tweaks mentioned above. And most potential buyers out there are not looking for rental properties to buy so the odds are with you that you will get a lot of people responding who don't read the ad very well and just go by the overall price if it is in their range.

Trust me, even those of us who are LLs/PMs get an enormous amount of people who either don't read the rental ads or question every little thing that is already posted in an ad and/or don't come close to qualifying even if the requirements are posted right in the ad. It is just something you have to accept when posting any ads and you just have to deal with it.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:18 PM

Thank you for the suggestions.

I do have an agent. We have both been getting responses from folks who do not read the ads carefully.

I will contact the "we buy land" folks. I guess it can't hurt to inquire.

I will try adding some of the phrases suggested, to catch the attention of folks who would want to rent it out.

I have not seen areas specific to rental properties on the websites other than to target potential tenants, but I will revisit all of the websites and look again.

Much appreciated.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:35 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions.

I do have an agent. We have both been getting responses from folks who do not read the ads carefully.

I will contact the "we buy land" folks. I guess it can't hurt to inquire.

I will try adding some of the phrases suggested, to catch the attention of folks who would want to rent it out.

I have not seen areas specific to rental properties on the websites other than to target potential tenants, but I will revisit all of the websites and look again.

Much appreciated.
I'd suggest your realtor rewrite the ad. Is this property on the MLS? If so, and you're not getting showings and offers, it's probably priced to high and/or you've hired a crummy agent.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:20 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
I am not a landlord.
Like the other poster advised.....LL will likely want to low ball you. But, if you want to catch the eye of an investment buyer....Somewhere in the listing put the words "investment multi-family property" Or, sell it by owner with those words.

Otherwise, make sure your realtor explains that lookers should be made aware that it is a multi-family property.....not a single family property. It sounds like the advertising is not making it clear that it is multi-family.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:28 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Will the property result in a positive cash flow if it's rented? If so, use the words suggested in other posts so it's clear it's multi-family and use the words "positive cash flow." That will attract attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting