Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 07:43 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever used Rentalution for their rental property? Im thinking about using it for my next round of tenants, but just wanted to know if anyone has used this site, or something similar to it before.

Www.rentalutions.com

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 05:22 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Just a quick look at their website they cost $45 to run a credit check, looks to include a background as well so it is on par with other services.

The credit report is pulled from TransUnion so in my opinion you may as well just use their service directly, Smartmove.

They claim to be able to background check all 50 states which I am pretty sure isn't actually possible, I could swear there is 2 states that cannot be pulled but I could be wrong. If I'm not wrong then they are lying so be aware of that, shady business practices and all.

I personally would never have a lease from an online company and honestly signings can be done digitally in Adobe for free, there is also no mention of cost for their lease. I type my own up in Word and save them as a PDF which you can send out for signatures if you want.

The rent collection portion is on the ACH system which takes longer than 2-3 days in some cases, Cozy has been fighting with it for a while, and there is also no mention of cost.

TLDR: seems like any of the many other services just like it.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:45 AM

36 posts, read 84,898 times
Although I have never used this service, I can see how it could be useful for landlords with few properties who do not regularly handle background checking of their applicants.

But some of the benefits provided can be found better elsewhere. For instance, postlets(zillow) is a great options to get your property out on multiple listing sites. Also, a more fully-functioning property management platform may be worthwhile for landlords with more units, as these typically will also handle the tracking on finances.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:19 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,400,335 times
I haven't used it, but I use Cozy.co + postlets and I ended up with multiple strong applicants on my property. The majority of the leads came in through Zillow, and Cozy was great for background checks (and now, for collecting rent).

Old 08-03-2017, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,721 times
I am using them for the last 2 months, I got paid directly from tenant for those first 2 months, and set up automatic payment through their website and not sure how it will go. They are claiming they have been in business for the last 5 years. when I checked BBB they have been in business for the last 5 years in chicago IL and they have been in FL before that and they went out of business. BBB sows they have 3 employees and they are claiming they are managing 20000 properties that doesn't make any sense. I called the number they have on the web, you get 2 options with wait to talk to someone or leave message, I waited but after 4 minutes a recording asked me to leave message that was the only option. they have been answering my emails, but when I sent them these information asking them for answers I haven't heard back from them. so I advise anyone not use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting