Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 03:11 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Maybe we can cut to the chase, skip 10 pages of him whining and not listening to anything anyone says, and get his signature statement out of the way now so we can be done with the thread....
Quote: "Renting is where you pay a premium for temporary, impaired use of property."

Awwwww shucks, you just blew his shtick. Now what does he have left if not for his incessantly redundant, dreadful and lame........shtick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 03:27 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Quote: "Renting is where you pay a premium for temporary, impaired use of property."

Awwwww shucks, you just blew his shtick. Now what does he have left if not for his incessantly redundant, dreadful and lame........shtick?
I know- I feel like I out maneuvered his manipulations.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:12 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Come on guys....where's your compassion? We don't know the OP or what hand life has dealt him. Most of these posts are not helpful, unnecessary and down right mean.

"Never judge a man until you've walked in his shoes."

Old 08-05-2017, 04:25 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Come on guys....where's your compassion? We don't know the OP or what hand life has dealt him. Most of these posts are not helpful, unnecessary and down right mean.

31,000+ posts, nearly identical. We know.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:38 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,896 times
Quote:

I hope this is a joke. All you have to do is go back and read a few of his posts and you'll see why he's getting no help or sympathy.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:53 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:

I am sure that many here have "walked in his shoes" in some form or another at some point in their lives and have either done something about it, taken others advice or at least taken people up on their offers to help. But, nope, never happens with the OP.

So you are 100% wrong. You may not know him but many posters surely do just by his posting history over the years. This is a person who clearly does not want to help himself or let people help him nor does he ever take any advice ever given to him. He has been like a broken record for years on multiple forums with the same things over and over and over again and nothing ever changes except maybe putting a tiny new twist on some of the old ones and then re-posting it. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It is one thing to ask for advice and then implement some of it, any of it, that people have taken their time to suggest and/or offer, but it just never happens. It is a worn out broken record and like watching a train wreck that you just can never stop or look away from. Sad, but true.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:02 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Guess it's my turn now....

It's not about who's right and who's wrong. It's a matter of principles. If you don't like his posts, don't reply to them. Yes, I know his posts are usually full of "oh why me's", but please, is it really necessary to keep bashing him? It that what this forum is for?

Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not so fast. The "rest" of us - not including the named lessee - are working with the owner/landlord. The owner/landlord doesn't have a problem with "us", it's a problem with "him" because he has a rent delinquency and we don't. We should have a better idea of where things are going sometime this weekend.
So, this is a good thing - you and the others are all communicating with the owner? Did he come to the house and meet everyone?

Another thought, since all of "the rest of us" are working together now, why not get with one or two others that you trust and go rent a regular apartment, with room for your storage items and internet access.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
I've given him advice. Many, many, many, many times. Even recently. It goes ignored, or, worse, he justifies why he CANNOT do it. He CANNOT move because he doesn't have the money to do so. Yet, he has a hoard of stuff in a storage unit he is waiting to cash in on. He chooses to live his life this way. Then complains about it. And then he manipulates other people's threads into being about him. He has willingly opened himself up for any criticism. If he were actively trying to improve his situation, he would get a much different reaction.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:57 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Guess it's my turn now....

It's not about who's right and who's wrong. It's a matter of principles. If you don't like his posts, don't reply to them. Yes, I know his posts are usually full of "oh why me's", but please, is it really necessary to keep bashing him? It that what this forum is for?
You are definitely late to the party. Most know the history with the poster, you don't. That being said, I hope this unfortunate incident spurs him to make a change in his life. I do feel sorry for him, but not so much for his situation as his mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting