Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 04:16 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
Don't be a snitch dude just let them smoke and chill. They probably had a bad or hard day and now they just wanna relax and get high without being bothered. ..........
Marijuana smokers are every bit as self-centered and obnoxious as tobacco smokers were (and many still are), so marijuana smokers can look forward to draconian laws about their stink annoying non-smokers, brought down upon their own heads by their inconsiderate behavior.

People who want to relax and not be bothered will have better luck with that if they don't do it by bothering other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
Don't be a snitch dude just let them smoke and chill. They probably had a bad or hard day and now they just wanna relax and get high without being bothered. Don't worry you're not gonna get some kinda second smoke damage from marijuana. Ugh living in an apartment would suck.
Or they could be seriously ill and using cannabis for pain relief.
AND can't afford to move to a cannabis friendly state.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Default The usual..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzaa3 View Post
Another problem is what if I have guest over or family including young nieces and nephews and dude starts to smoke? SMH

I wondered how long it would take you to mention THE CHILDREN! You apparently don't have any so you had to resort to family/relatives, but you got it done.

Congratulations.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:20 AM

Default FAKE news

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
Yeah that's what lotsa people thought when they changed marijuana laws. I guess it's fine if you live in Colorado where everything is spread out and there's lots of fresh air.

But try to apply those same laws to an urban area and you have a problem. Even if you live in a house, the houses are close together. You smell what your neighbor cooks for dinner, as well as their marijuana smoke. If you live in an apartment building, then you are likely exposed to multiple smokers--and some people like to wake and bake, and others smoke in the evening, so there's really no getting away from it. If your neighbor smokes you get high--and so do your kids and your pets. You don't have a choice.

These laws were based on the comparison of the impairments caused by marijuana versus alcohol. That's not the same thing as comparing marijuana and tobacco. And the comparison to alcohol overlooks the fact that if your neighbor drinks, you don't get drunk. When it comes to marijuana, yes you can definitely get high from second-hand smoke. Enough to fail an employer's drug test, and a roadside DUI test.

I seriously doubt you can "get high" from second hand smoke coming through a bathroom air vent. Don't forget that the second hand smoke is also mixing with clean air inside the vent ducts and in the bathroom itself. You need to breathe in concentrated smoke to get a second hand high, this is not what the OP is describing. Our sense of smell requires far less of a substance for us to smell it than it does to become high from it.

And by the same set of circumstances, I guess you don't know that drug tests have a threshold of how much of a substance needs to be present before your blood or urine would test positive. Certainly the concentration would not be enough to fail an employers drug test under the circumstances described by the OP.

Roadside DUI tests are notoriously inaccurate, which is why they are often, but not always, followed up by another test at the station or hospital, if you are arrested.

Thanks for continuing to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt, like a good prohibitionist should, you're doing a great job!

By the way, everything in Colorado is not spread out, they have cities just like where you live, ever hear of Denver?

The OP certainly has a problem, but it's a problem about smelling something that they don't like in their home and that causes them to fell sick, not high.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:20 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,230,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I seriously doubt you can "get high" from second hand smoke coming through a bathroom air vent. Don't forget that the second hand smoke is also mixing with clean air inside the vent ducts and in the bathroom itself. You need to breathe in concentrated smoke to get a second hand high, this is not what the OP is describing. Our sense of smell requires far less of a substance for us to smell it than it does to become high from it.

And by the same set of circumstances, I guess you don't know that drug tests have a threshold of how much of a substance needs to be present before your blood or urine would test positive. Certainly the concentration would not be enough to fail an employers drug test under the circumstances described by the OP.

Roadside DUI tests are notoriously inaccurate, which is why they are often, but not always, followed up by another test at the station or hospital, if you are arrested.

Thanks for continuing to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt, like a good prohibitionist should, you're doing a great job!

By the way, everything in Colorado is not spread out, they have cities just like where you live, ever hear of Denver?

The OP certainly has a problem, but it's a problem about smelling something that they don't like in their home and that causes them to fell sick, not high.
You can doubt it all you want. I used to work in a drug testing lab so I saw the results firsthand.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:33 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,272 times
Quote:
You can doubt it all you want. I used to work in a drug testing lab so I saw the results firsthand.
Nice timing.
You posted this at 4:20!

Old 10-03-2017, 10:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Yeah, complain to management. They probably already know.

There are other ways to consume marijuana. No need to stink out your neighbors, or get evicted, by smoking it. I can't stand the smell. It's like a skunk moved under the building. If people want to smoke that's their deal, but I don't want to smell it.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:12 AM

Default You saw the results, not the means to that result

Quote:

If you worked in a lab, you at best saw the end result of drug use, not how the person managed to get a blood or urine level high enough to read positive.

If you believe they got that way from second hand smoke through the ducting of their apartment complex, then you might be interested in a bridge I'm selling in Brooklyn. It's going for less than half price for a limited time, so send me your check today!

Are you really that gullible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting