Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 PM

497 posts, read 422,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I say leave it and let management deal with it. First, is not your building. I understand that is disgusting, but you don't sleep on that area, and is very hard to make others do what they don't want to do. Second, maybe the management already know this issue, if you are the first one who brought up the issue, the finger might be pointing at you for raising this concern. Of course, you have the right to let the management know, but understand the part that maybe they don't like you to tell them what to do. Some time when you try to do the right thing, people simply don't care, and worst of all, they don't even appreciate what you did.
This! I find they never like to hear any complaints and if you complain too much, they will find a way to get you to move out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 01:08 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,615,224 times
We had someone doing this in our condo building a couple years ago- I am not a clean freak by any means but found it very annoying and lazy. Regardless of whether or not the room is cleaned daily, having trash laying around can easily attract rodents. It also requires only a few additional seconds of effort by the slob to simply dump in the chute. I would complain to building management until the problem is resolved. If nobody at the front desk says or does anything, ask to speak to the Chief Engineer or Building Super- most should have a live-in super. If that doesn't work, then I would email building ownership if necessary. If you prefer to avoid conflict and wanted to get creative, type out a notice on paper saying something along the lines of 'NOTICE: to avoid potential rodent issues, please be considerate of your neighbors and place all trash into the chute' and then tape it firmly to the door. It may not last there for an extended period of time but whoever is doing this will probably see it before removal and maybe get the message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting