Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,980,118 times

Advertisements

The only three reasons you can't have a special sink install are:

1. You're using some common tract builder who uses their stuff and only their stuff.

2. You hired a cheap bozo contractor cause you're cheap.

3. The contract you signed is garbage but you signed it anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:05 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
turf I much prefer double sinks, because I often wash dishes by hand, so you have rinse water in one side and soapy water on the other. I don't buy undersize double sinks. I have never had any singificant trouble washing largish things. You can always set an oversize item on the counter to soak. If you have a kitchen door.
yes, I can do that, but much prefer the old fashioned large sink....I've had both and really love the farm sinks...

Quote:
Low toilets work far better with the human digestive anatomy. (Nuff said, not going to go into details). if you find someone in the family having trouble with the low toilet, a tall one can be purchased and installed for short money, but if everyone is able to get on and off a short one, they are better.
yes, nuff said....lol

Quote:
There are a lot of advantages to a standard bathtub that a shower doesn't have. My ideal situation would be to have in a master bathroom both a standard tub and a shower enclosure. If I have to pick only one, and I have only one bathroom, I would go with the standard tub. If I have two small bathrooms, I would probably put a shower in one and a tub in the other.
my master bath has the standard garden tub and the stall shower, which is really big and I love it, and my son, says, to, he'd much rather have the shower that I have in my master bath...with a seat...

I'm going to update it though, and might put a seat in it....we'll see?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:23 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,495,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Most newer bathrooms have tubs, in them...those garden tubes...

What is wrong with kids learning how to take showers, we did? Besides those hand held shower nozzles are so much better, your not soaking in your own dirt. (yuck) But me, I've always hated baths...and if your a woman, some of us, who get bladder infections are told not to soak in a tube but to take showers.
Oh well if it has a separate tub then I don't know why it would have a shower-over-tub

How can a baby take a shower?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:27 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Oh well if it has a separate tub then I don't know why it would have a shower-over-tub

How can a baby take a shower?
The master has a separate garden tube, with a large shower stall....the guest bathroom has a tube with a shower in it, that's the one I don't like....

but when your young, those things don't even bother you...nor do you think about it.

I think most homes today have two baths, and at least one has a tub?

Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,495,824 times
Quote:
The master has a separate garden tube, with a large shower stall....the guest bathroom has a tube with a shower in it, that's the one I don't like....

but when your young, those things don't even bother you...nor do you think about it.

I think most homes today have two baths, and at least one has a tub?
Ok. Yeah you don't need a shower-over-tub if you have another tub somewhere.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:00 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
The one that always puzzles me are the new builds or renovations with massive master bathrooms but only one sink in the vanity. In these days with the likelihood that both partners work full time the probability is that they both need to get ready at around the same time of day. Why deliberately choose one sink (other than the obvious cheaper install)? Wasting install money on fancier cabinetry or tilework instead of a second functional sink?

I've never understood people's obsession with palatial bathrooms. Personally I don't spend much time in there. I certainly don't just admire it for the square footage, especially if it's vacant air.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-27-2018 at 03:10 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 03:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
You never really think about this until you've experienced it, but the time for double sinks in the kitchen are outdated and a real waste of money. You can't soak any 9 x 13" dish or bigger pans in them, they are not wide enough, and yet, when building new homes, they use them...why? Cheaper? Why not put in a long sink?

Same with bathrooms, the short toilets and high bathtubs are outdated. Put in a high toilet and a shower with just a short step over....old, outdated, ugly and no longer really functional. they've outlived their time...
I agree. I hate two little sinks. Would rather have one big one.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:05 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
I want two giant sinks.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:18 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,578,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I want two giant sinks.
I call those bathtubs

Old 07-28-2018, 05:09 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
Quote:
You never really think about this until you've experienced it, but the time for double sinks in the kitchen are outdated and a real waste of money. You can't soak any 9 x 13" dish or bigger pans in them, they are not wide enough, and yet, when building new homes, they use them...why? Cheaper? Why not put in a long sink?

Same with bathrooms, the short toilets and high bathtubs are outdated. Put in a high toilet and a shower with just a short step over....old, outdated, ugly and no longer really functional. they've outlived their time...
Out of curiosity I measured one half of my double sink. It's 18 x 17. The other side is smaller so I get the benefit of both a double and a large single.
While I like the higher toilets the lower standard ones are technically better for 'bodily functions' which is why the "Potty Squatty" is such a good seller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting