Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 06:19 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,128,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONELIVOICES View Post
I'm glad neither of u will rent to "FELONS" that only shows your true colors weather you're white or black!!! I am not a black AMERICAN............ I am only a BLACK MAN and proud to be because of people like you alienating other HUMAN BEINGS for making mistakes................7x7777777 :^)
Mistakes? I can guarantee you are unaware there are many degrees if mistakes. All that was missing from your wonderful post is the cop out of "Everybody makes mistakes". If felons are alienated by decent people, too bad, it's enough that they have to pay for the "free" housing, food, MEDICAL CARE, etc.

So when are you moving out of the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 08:12 PM

9,885 posts, read 9,496,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Mistakes? I can guarantee you are unaware there are many degrees if mistakes. All that was missing from your wonderful post is the cop out of "Everybody makes mistakes". If felons are alienated by decent people, too bad, it's enough that they have to pay for the "free" housing, food, MEDICAL CARE, etc.

So when are you moving out of the USA?
As long as the criminals who commit a crime, look at their crime as a "mistake", then we in society are in trouble.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:27 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,962,200 times
In many states today possession (for personal use) of marijuana can result in a felony conviction. In other states, it's legalized. Labeling someone as a felon may therefore be a result of geography, not character.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:00 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,557,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
In many states today possession (for personal use) of marijuana can result in a felony conviction. In other states, it's legalized. Labeling someone as a felon may therefore be a result of geography, not character.
To us it doesn't matter if it is called a felony or misdemeanor. Usually people with multiple arrests for drug related issues, have bad credit.

If there is a one time arrest for a small amount of marijuana and the credit is not too bad (meaning no collections) than it is not a reason for us to deny a person.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:59 PM

32,503 posts, read 47,500,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
As long as the criminals who commit a crime, look at their crime as a "mistake", then we in society are in trouble.
I've never met a felon who thought his crime was a mistake. Without exception they all claim it wasn't their fault.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:29 AM

5,290 posts, read 5,199,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
More likely a result of stupidity. If you have to smoke, go live somewhere its legal. Otherwise, you'll be a felon. Stupidity, not geography.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:43 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,806,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I've never met a felon who thought his crime was a mistake. Without exception they all claim it wasn't their fault.
I had a felony and a misdemeanor (non violent/not sex/not drug related) and both were 100% stupid mistakes that never should have happened. I thought i knew better and could get away with the thing i did. It was my fault.

Neither prevented me from renting because they were small, petty things that i was upfront and honest about. Its better to say " Yeah i have this and this was the consequence " than say nothing and have someone else find out.

We lived in 2 apartment buildings that had rapist in them, so there are people who will rent to those that really should stay far away from others.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 AM

56 posts, read 47,971 times
I volunteered at halfway houses and the neighborhood was up in arms about convicts living in the area. Some had 20 felonies.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 812 times
I have a felony marijuana trafficking charge and I can't get a place anywhere, I'm in Louisville Kentucky, I need help. Its been almost ten years ago, only time I've ever been in trouble in my life. I have a son that is 6 months old, and I really need a place

Old 08-27-2016, 06:30 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,252,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cummings View Post
I have a felony marijuana trafficking charge and I can't get a place anywhere, I'm in Louisville Kentucky, I need help. Its been almost ten years ago, only time I've ever been in trouble in my life. I have a son that is 6 months old, and I really need a place
A landlord can face criminal and civil liability for tenants that deal drugs in a rental property up to actually having their property seized by the government. A drug trafficking charge is one of the worst charges to have. Don't blame the landlords, they have to protect themselves. If you can't get this expunged, your best hope is to keep trying and maybe you will find someone that doesn't do a very thorough background check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting