Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM

9 posts, read 9,160 times

Advertisements

It all start 6/30/2018
Where I newly moved to this apartment, it was my birthday but was celebrated a day later, that I was having a party, but my bottom floor was knocking and he did come up and cooperated with me so I stop the party early like it was ended 30 minutes later since my friend hasn't eat the cake yet. That time was my problem, and I understood it was footsounds since we don't have rug yet. After a few days later. durning the morning and night where my family has to prepared the breakfest which at 8:00 am and cooks dinnder at 7:30 pm and the cooking wasn't no longer than 30 minutes(sometimes may be over)in the weekday. And in the weekend we cook at 10:00-11:00 am for lunch(we don't eat breakfeast weekend) and dinner at 6:00 p.pm,He knocks super hard, and saying that we banging the floor. The floor is super old, it is more than 50 years at least, and also it madeout of hard wood. we watch tv at the lowest sound which he also complains, it just higher than whisper but lower than conversation in 8:00 am-9:00 am. My family sleep really, really early, but I can't because I have works to be done, homework/project which I will be using the laptop, music and video, I used headphone always but my downstairs neighbor starts knocking and i relized it was the window that was open that leaded air to my bedrrom where there is some trafic sounds and when I closed it, I continued doing my H.w., he starting knocking and saying he kept hearing this squeeking sounds, and I relized again, it was my keyboard sound that is about the sound of my whisper. They Do Not Even allows whisper in 4:00 p.m, typing sounds, conversation. I follow the law and listen but apperantly I can't stop making these "whisper sounds" for doing my h.w. Taking a beth, they knock again. I haven't even wash my floor for so long becuase I know after taking out these rugs which my family will just clean the floor and get sheild and knocks. Cooperation, I did 8-10 times at least with them. He talks nicely and I was able to explain the issue and just about we got up stair, the knocking is back. in this 8-10 times, I was able to talk with his wife and his wife said she will go talk with him but appently his wife works at "night" so he founds out at the night , and he knock for 3 hours (3-4 knock per hours), I was pissed, so mad and knocked back cause I wasn't doing anything wrong. but doing this things, I felt guity, so i never knocked back, and I thought there was still hope talking with him to explain to them.But sonner after t hat days, he knocks lower when we cook, take a bath, and even sound that isn't ours. The hallway, there is people talking on the phone where he knocks and yelled at me, my upstrairs moving his stuff which super lourd but we didn't mind to knock since it a daily thing they are doing and this apartment is bad. i explain to him what kind of apartment this is where it prevented no sounds, I even cliped a video of what sounds is happening up, but he said sry, he was a quiet person where I understood, even made a deal telling him that we will only make sound while we are cookin, taking a bath, and even I tiptoe walking but after a few days he knocks again because the cooking sound, but I thought i explain it to him, soon I get downstairs and cooperated with him AGAIN where he just said " this is my property, I do what i want and pls do not touch my property" since i rings the bell. After that we started calling 311 where police come 3-4 hours after the sounds was over where I even have a video prepared of his knocking. This is the time I notice, the only ways to solve is to go to the office, I talk with the office managment and they said they will call him but he didn't answer to the phone call, so the office decide to send a letter. it got better so much after that, thanks to the office.
Noise they complain
Noise-people talking out side of the hallway
Noise-my upstairs
Noise- sound outside of window
Noise-cooking
Noise-Using an bathroom
Noise-keyboard sounds
Noise-foot walking(the floor is tilted even you tiptoe if the floor will shake)
I am 17 year old student, i don't weight alots instead i am supper skinny, I have socks and rug, some even has double rug.

Good things never stay long after 8 days, knocks was back and insult was also. He insult me with disgusting grammer and speically he insulted my family where i can't take anymore. i talk with my neighbor to learn more how to solve the issure and they told me before me someone else lived there but left in half years because they can't take the sound from the bottom floor. So i know why is cost least even the apartment is big. (These insults talks about the religion I am and my family most importantly.) I notice i was being too nice, I give myself too much rules and traping myself. I can't do notting in my apartment with my family even i have problem every night, I kept hearing sounds from bottom floor even there was no sounds, even I got out, these sounds form my bot floors stay, I noice i had health problem but I am too scared to tell that to my family becuase I don't wanna give them stress. I can't even slept, just closed eyes won't get me to sleep. Novermeber 18 2018 which is today, I can't take it any more, I want to report this to the court, is there any sugguestion?
I called 311 twice
Talks to the managment twice
cooperate with them
I even give them my phone number but they never called me instead insult me by yelling at me at downstairs and knocks
I have a video and maybe two today because i belived 1 is not enough
Multipal time from my family and me reporting to super
And i documental the issue everyday from novemeber to now
Many neighboor called the mangment on my bot floors also.(4 neighbor)
Is this enough for me to report this to the court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times
This is an awesome stream of consciousness but I think you need an editor!

Shorten, and add some paragraph breaks for better readability.

In general, I will say, the solution to most neighbor noise complaints in apartments is to move.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:11 PM

Thank you for your sugguestion but apparently we can't move yet, we just moved in this apartment and I had school and all of my family works monday to sunday which we doesn't have the time to find a place to move in. I am sry for my grammer issue and can't belived my bot floor is still knocking since i am typing.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:04 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,083,237 times
report it to what court? Nothing I can figure out here has violated any laws so what are you taking to court? This is typical neighbor v neighbor issues.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
Are you in the US? If so, you need to continue complaining to the office and the police. Make a video when he is insulting so you have evidence.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:53 PM

I am trying lawsuit him in small claims court because he has been insulting my religion and knocking the apartment, many of my neighbor knows him because of his knocking on ceiling.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:56 PM

I have complain it to the office and police, they told me to go on a court with my bot floor or just move. I also do have a video and had many documented. And yes, I am in US. And thank you for your advice, things could be alots better if I had did this early.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:57 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,959,833 times
I had an apartment and I had a neighbor, and whenever he would knock on my wall, I knew he wanted me to turn my music down, and that made me angry 'cause I like loud music... So when he knocked on the wall, I'd mess with his head. I'd say "Go around! I cannot open the wall! I don't know if you have a door on your side, but over here there's nothin'. It's just flat."

_-Mitch Hedberg

Old 11-18-2018, 05:13 PM

I would do that early, but my mom told me that it would affect other neighbor also and she told me to ignore and just pretends it just sounds of something else. She is really a nice person, but that why I am more mad, because is not fair. My dad and mom do not have good English, while I were able to listen to it and understood I felt mad also. I tried to ignore it, but I just can't. His knocks took our attention then insult me. I also give them my phone number of mine(twice) but never were used once. And 3 minutes before, he knocked again. How can you solve the problem if he knocks once per 10 minutes hard in ceiling on purposely in different room. I can't believed he doesn't even allow conversation in 7:00 pm. So really, I can't make sound back or mess it back.. And I can't even cooperate with him, he just knocked it harder when we get back to our room and we had done noting yet.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:38 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,083,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericma25em View Post
I am trying lawsuit him in small claims court because he has been insulting my religion and knocking the apartment, many of my neighbor knows him because of his knocking on ceiling.

Not sure where you are (which court system has jurisdiction) but in many jurisdictions Small Claims court is for recovering cash damages. What damages have you suffered? What will you ask for as damages? If there is a legal aid office nearby that you could visit they may be able to offer advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting