Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 09:51 PM

127 posts, read 146,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Earlier in the thread you said your lease was up in April. Has that changed?

Are these people too old to go to school? Or are they truant from school?

Or are they gone most of the day but start skateboarding at the end of the business day?

I have to say, if you're too distressed by kids skateboarding, can you get out and do something to change your frame of mind? Take a long walk in a beautiful part of town, go to a tall building and climb stairs, etc.?

You mentioned earlier that "in a few days" you might drive to the rental office, indicating you rarely get out at all. In the interim before your lease is up, it seems it would be helpful if you DID try to get out and exercise and relieve the stress.

Your posts kind of sound like "the get off my lawn guy", and that's not a healthy place to be in. For anyone.
What happened was that while we were in between places before moving here, that timing occurred during March through June before we moved in. That's why my brain thought the lease was over in April. The March before our first year was the transitional phase during the last move.

But yeah, it's June.

And no, I'm not the get off my lawn type of person. Paying over $1,000 for rent I should be able to enjoy a reasonable quiet life. I've lived in other apartment complexes before this one which were much quieter.

I understand apartments will not be quiet for the most part, but I've asked the kids politely to move and I've been named called/threatened after asking them politely all the way back to when this first started.

I'm not distressed by them skateboarding. It's the curb hopping and metallic pounding creating by the tricks they're doing. If they were riding out just to ride I would be perfectly fine with that. It's the tricks I have a problem with since they're staying in one place for so long.

And where do you get the idea I don't get out much from "In a few days" I'm self employed and regularly leave the apartment. They're doing it during the late afternoon to early dinner hours.

I shouldn't have to reschedule my life when the kids and parents are the ones violating the complex. And possibly rules on their lease.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 PM

And also, back when this first started I asked the kids if I could speak to their parents. They wouldn't tell me where they lived so I could talk with them.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:34 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Kids are only doing this 2 Hours in the Evening?? WOW What keeps you from Working Before & After they play?
What are you going to do when Schools Out?

Old 02-25-2019, 10:51 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryDriver123 View Post
It's actually renewing in June. Haven't been thinking clearly because of the stress, so apologies for the mix up if I said something else earlier.
Hang in there. Also some advice for renting a house. Check out the yards and driveways as you drive or walk through. Take note of the houses on both sides of the perspective rental. If there’s a lot of bikes, and toys keep looking. Also if someone had a trashy yard. Drive through at night and after school hours to see what you’ll be dealing with. Often times management and owners schedule showings during the quiet times then all hell breaks loose after you sign the lease.

I once rented a beautiful home in a perfect neighborhood only to discover that the kids next door were monsters with an oblivious dingy Mom . I was a younger housewife then and all day long these kids played basketball and football in our front and side yards. Always spilling over. They also liked to bounce the basketball constantly on the side stucco of the house. Our dog was constantly barking as there was always noise , never any quiet time. Slam slam slam slam slam slam all day long. I was ready to take this kid and lock him in my cellar. Eventually we broke the lease and moved.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I would give notice you are Not re-newing the Lease & Start looking for another place. Even if they do stop the kids you then be dealing with pi$$ed off parents. I also suggest you look for a 1 bedroom apt in a complex that's Mostly 1 bedrooms. While you will still get kids from time to time the parents usually move to 2 bedroom complex after a year. Esp as the kid gets older.
Yeah we may do it. There's a quieter complex I might try to move back into. Never had a problem in it and it was a one bedroom.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 AM

Also in addition to the above mentioned, someone was very helpful today who worked for another HOA and says we should ask for a hearing with the board to address our concerns if things don't work through the property manager.

Another solution was to call the cops on the kids for trespassing since no one was claiming them as resident kids and obtain a police report with the address they belong to for a follow up with the complaint if things don't work out.

We'll wait for the police option as an absolutely last resort but if no one is willing to claim the kids then I think it's safe to say the others are trespassing despite being with her kid if she claims to not know them.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:54 PM

Hey all. So a quick update.

Because of the threats and that the resident has claimed it's not her kids, we've asked violations to let them know police will be called for trespassing since we don't see the scootering and skateboarding group at all during the rest of the day except in between those certain hours. The violations department has forwarded the complaint to the association manager. So shrugs.

It looks like the gates to the apartment complex are also stuck open so we'll be contacting management and trying to get an ETA fix on those. Hopefully getting the gates fixed will discourage them if they aren't residents, but if they are, maybe the trespassing report will work for finally nailing her from law enforcement.

I hate to do it but after being nice and this as the result, I'm at the end of my patience.

I've also taken the steps of contacting a civil litigation attorney for consultation with the hopes they can point us in a direction forward with the harassment of threats in particular.

Looks like either way we won't be renewing our lease.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:59 PM

266 posts, read 259,313 times
Can you make the area unsuitable for skateboarding? Hosing it down with water before their starting time? Coating the grinding pipe with oil?

Old 02-28-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
Can you make the area unsuitable for skateboarding? Hosing it down with water before their starting time? Coating the grinding pipe with oil?
Nope. And I wouldn't even consider it, though someone suggest tiny gravel lol. I don't want to escalate things even more with payback because of the threats. I think the steps as mentioned in my last post will be the only way to get this resolved unfortunately.

The pipe they bring in is also portable.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
Oh, yeah that’s great advice.. NOT. Great way to not only get evicted but also face a lawsuit if one of those kids get hurt because you have to resort to passive aggressive ways instead of dealing with it like an adult.

Stupidest thing I’ve read in a long time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting