Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 02:00 PM

486 posts, read 416,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I just got a new job, so at the moment I cannot afford it. But I can definitely afford my new apartment with my new salary🙂
Like I said, severe personal finance issues. If at any point in your life you can't afford to go to the laundromat, you made massive mistakes for a very long time that allowed you to get to that point. We're talking a few bucks a week here. What if traffic was worse and your car idled and burned an extra $5 in gas per week? Would that put you over the edge financially? What if your roommate wasn't retarded and actually made you split the utilities like any sane person would ask of a roommate, then what? You don't get to stomp around in dog crap and then complain that your shoes are dirty. You are responsible for your actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 06:22 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,796 times
I was unemployed(due to no fault of my own)and I'm getting back on my feet. Don't be so quick to judge

Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
You are 100% in the right on this but her ask is a crazy person ask and it might be the better move to just not use it rather than dealing with even more crazy, given you're leaving in a few weeks anyway.

Who the heck cuts off someone they live with from the washer? Someone you want to deal with as minimally as possible.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:30 AM

486 posts, read 416,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I was unemployed(due to no fault of my own)and I'm getting back on my feet. Don't be so quick to judge
Right, but that happens and if we plan on things going perfectly, then we're screwed when life happens and things don't go perfectly. Being out of work for a little bit should be bad, but not THAT bad that you can't wash your clothes. Since you're working again, congratulations. Now's the opportunity to stay out of debt and save up an emergency so that when life happens again, you've got money in the bank and can handle it better. I'm sure you don't want to go through what you just went through ever again, managing your money is one major aspect to not allowing yourself to end up in that position again. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting