Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times

Advertisements

It seems as though my suspicion has been confirmed.

I've been pretty fortunate that I live in an area where evictions are usually pretty straightforward and I've never had someone barricade themselves in an apartment or house. Best of luck to you. This one doesn't seem like it will be resolved any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
After carefully reading all available information, watching all available video's etc it's pretty clear that your only choice to get this resolved is to move. This person is not going anywhere and no judge, cops, lawyers are going to change that.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:18 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,184 times
Landlord should file suit against the police department for failing to enforce a court order.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
I don't get how the cops don't have the right to force themselves in to honor the eviction. With the landlord there he would have the key, if he barricades himself with crossbar on the door then use a battering ram. I'm sure it's cheaper for the LL to replace the door. The police don't want to be bothered, they don't really care, no one cares but the tenants and decent people who thinks criminals like this man should not be allowed to terrorize their neighbors. If all else fails pray.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:08 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I don't get how the cops don't have the right to force themselves in to honor the eviction. With the landlord there he would have the key, if he barricades himself with crossbar on the door then use a battering ram. I'm sure it's cheaper for the LL to replace the door. The police don't want to be bothered, they don't really care, no one cares but the tenants and decent people who thinks criminals like this man should not be allowed to terrorize their neighbors. If all else fails pray.
I agree. A damaged door is far cheaper than even losing one tenant. There is too much here that doesnt add up. I'm not saying OP is lying by any means. But we are talking about CA and we know they tend to lean more towards the tenant.

I'd be packing my stuff to move.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,738,739 times
Starve him out. Stop the man who brings his packages and make him drop the stuff on the street. Steal his food, feed the homeless, or stray dogs.

I love this story, it is the best example of how protecting the civil rights of one endangers the entire society. Political correctness at its worst.

In China, Russia, or Mexico the neighbors would beat the living daylights out of that guy.

Santa Monica, CA, the place for wimps, where criminals are cuddled and citizens ignored.

Last edited by mgforshort; 05-14-2019 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-14-2019, 10:29 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Starve him out. Stop the man who brings his packages and make him drop the stuff on the street. Steal his food, feed the homeless, or stray dogs.

I love this story, it is the best example of how protecting the civil rights of one endangers the entire society. Political correctness at its worst.

In China, Russia, or Mexico the neighbors would beat the living daylights out of that guy.

Santa Monica, CA, the place for wimps, where criminals are cuddled and citizens ignored.

That would be criminal action which would force police to arrest other people.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,738,739 times
This reminds me of the Rancho Tehama murder spree. The following is copy and paste from the Red Bluff Daily News.

"November 19, 2018 at 3:50 pm | UPDATED: November 21, 2018 at 5:20 pm
RED BLUFF — Relatives of two of the victims of the 2017 mass shooting in Rancho Tehama Reserve have filed a lawsuit seeking $25 million in damages from multiple defendants, including Tehama County Sheriff Dave Hencratt.

The suit was filed Nov. 7 in the US District Court, Eastern District of California on behalf of Bob Steele, Michael Elliott and two minors, 8 and 10, relatives of Diana Steele and Daniel Lee Elliot II, who were among the five people shot and killed by Kevin Janson Neal.

The 44-year-old Neal went on a shooting spree Nov. 14, 2017 that killed five people, including his wife, and injured several others. Neal died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head after exchanging gunfire with law enforcement.

Neal killed his wife at their Bobcat Lane home Nov. 13, 2017. The next morning he shot and killed neighbors Steele and Elliot before stealing a truck and driving to Rancho Tehama Elementary school, where he fired several shots. While there were no fatalities at the school, Neal shot and killed two other people while driving around the community.

Hencratt is named among the defendants, which include Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston, Tehama County Sheriff’s Office, Tehama County, the estate of Neal and the Rancho Tehama Association.

The suit alleges the Sheriff’s Department did not properly enforce criminal and civil restraining orders filed by Steele and Elliot against Neal, their neighbor.

The orders were filed after a Jan. 31, 2017 incident in which Neal shot at and punched Steele and stabbed a third party, Hailey Poland. Neal was released from custody after posting $160,000 bail and was due to stand trial in January.

Under the orders, Neal was required to surrender all firearms. The suit alleges repeated reports of Neal possessing firearms and shooting in the area and the department’s failure to obtain a warrant to search Neal’s property.

The suit seeks damage from Neal’s estate for battery, assault, harassment, infliction of emotional distress and abnormally dangerous activity."

Old 05-16-2019, 02:48 AM

54 posts, read 190,356 times
Well, well, WELL! Cancel this thread because the Sheriff and cops came and got the guy today after all! Arrested on misdemeanor charge, (not sure what exactly).

The security guard called the sheriff's who were doing "surveillance" nearby when the guy came out to get his mail/package & usual ranting. He came down from the stairs and blocked the crazy dudes path to his apt and sheriff's came in and got him.

He was soooooo polite with his cuffed arse sitting on the ground while talking to officers lol!

Only 2 weeks before the eviction notice expired and the landlord was about to renew it too. His locks were changed out about 30 minutes after he was hauled away. The 3 outside locks getting changed tomorrow.

He had a poor cat in there all this time. It looks healthy and ok, a bit freaked out of course & pretty friendly. It was hiding under the bed. Lots of food & water in with it already. Litter box hadn't been cleaned in days.

Not sure what happens to kitty after an arrest/eviction combo for owner? Probably animal control takes it and I hope a vet checks it out too. It's going to have a nice quiet night tonight for once lol.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:20 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Great news, congrats to the fellow tenants and LL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting