Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:52 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times

Advertisements

Finally.

With the eviction order the landlord should be able to change the locks and not let him back in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 04:24 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabala View Post
A few months ago when cops were here, they wanted to do a 51/50 on him, (initial 48 hour hold for evaluation) and even told property manager SWAT was coming, (they called that off) but he never comes out when police are around so they can't get at him. LA Dept of Health Services also had agents out here with Sheriff dept on the 2nd lockout attempt as well. The Sheriff has the key to the apt. He just cussed them out and blocked the door when they tried going in. They all ended up leaving after that and there's been no lockout attempts since, (January).

We're having a meeting with the landlord tomorrow, (for the 2nd time). We were told a few weeks ago that "Things are moving at a state level now" so maybe we'll get some info if that's true or not. There were 2 officers from the Sheriff Dept here last week talking to us and basically said "There's no way we're going to go in and get that guy".

We're, (tenants) currently looking into getting an attorney as well.

It seems there were some revisions for the eviction/lockout process...

Information Guide for WRIT OF POSSESSION (REAL PROPERTY) - EVICTION

He is considered as, "disabled".

CBS was out here again today and just did a follow up on the story...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...bor-nightmare/
It’s my understanding in California you can sue your landlord for this kind of hassle. Homeowners can sue landlords for bad tenant actions, like drug dealing, I would think you could sue under a nuisance law, too. If each tenant documents completely with times and video and keep a log and police calls, then sues for the max amount, there’s a good chance each tenant will win.

The reason you need each need to file separately is because the landlord may eat one charge to avoid dealing with this, but sooner or later, he will hit the $$ threshold to do what it takes to get this guy out.

Whoops — should have read ahead! Congrats, OP!

Old 05-17-2019, 08:08 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
... He had a poor cat in there all this time. It looks healthy and ok, a bit freaked out of course & pretty friendly. It was hiding under the bed. Lots of food & water in with it already. Litter box hadn't been cleaned in days.

Not sure what happens to kitty after an arrest/eviction combo for owner? Probably animal control takes it and I hope a vet checks it out too. It's going to have a nice quiet night tonight for once lol.
Glad the disgusting crazy man is now gone, but you've got me worried about the kitty. Can't someone else in the building take it? It's not its fault that its human was gross and nuts. Animal Control will likely just kill it.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 AM

268 posts, read 271,660 times
I'm curious to see if his mental illness (act)ions change or disappear now that it didn't prevent him from being arrested. Is it real or fake?

Old 05-17-2019, 01:34 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyAppleton205 View Post
I'm curious to see if his mental illness (act)ions change or disappear now that it didn't prevent him from being arrested. Is it real or fake?
They said he was very calm and cooperative, crazy people can't turn it on and off whenever they want.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:19 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
They said he was very calm and cooperative, crazy people can't turn it on and off whenever they want.

That's why it could be safe to fly the BS flag on his "mental illness". He likely used it as a ploy to buy more time. You would be surprised at how crafty some tenants can be when they are being evicted. Lots of us call them professional tenants. They know the ins and outs of the law and abuse the hell out of them.

Congrats on some peace and quiet. May it be lasting.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:36 PM

54 posts, read 190,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It’s my understanding in California you can sue your landlord for this kind of hassle. Homeowners can sue landlords for bad tenant actions, like drug dealing, I would think you could sue under a nuisance law, too. If each tenant documents completely with times and video and keep a log and police calls, then sues for the max amount, there’s a good chance each tenant will win.

The reason you need each need to file separately is because the landlord may eat one charge to avoid dealing with this, but sooner or later, he will hit the $$ threshold to do what it takes to get this guy out.

Whoops — should have read ahead! Congrats, OP!
Thank you!

We had just started looking for an attorney when Crazy Mark was taken into custody. We'd talked about suing the LL but my thought was since LL did everything they could already - they did get the eviction notice- they might not be responsible for...anything at that point? I wouldn't really know one way for the other though.

Some tenants are still thinking of a suit against Sheriff's Dept and SMPD. This article goes into detail about the actions SMPD took to AVOID having to actively go after Crazy Mark...

Quote:
The sheriffs notified Community Corporation that a new lockout would take place in early February but it was canceled "due to SMPD's reluctance to engage physically with the Defendant."

According to Jordan's declaration, SMPD had downgraded their warrant from a felony to a misdemeanor.

"I learned that this was done so that LASD would be forced to breach the premises on their own and that SMPD would not be given authority to breach the door under the auspices of a misdemeanor warrant."

Jordan said he continued to seek cooperation from Santa Monica police "but they have not assisted any further."
"Nightmare Neighbor" Poses Risk to Law Enforcement, Court Records Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Glad the disgusting crazy man is now gone, but you've got me worried about the kitty. Can't someone else in the building take it? It's not its fault that its human was gross and nuts. Animal Control will likely just kill it.
Yes, everyone here was very worried about that cat! After Crazy Mark was taken away, the cat was there under the bed. It didn't want to come out & it was obviously very stressed but appeared physically ok. It was left in the apt with food & water overnight. Animal Control came the next morning and it took them about 30 minutes to get it secured.

I personally went over to the animal shelter that afternoon and asked about the cat. It was in quarantine and was told they were letting it calm down a bit before giving it a health check. They hadn't even determined what sex it was yet. Bad news, (IMHO) the mother of Crazy Mark was contacted and she was to come out the following day from Pennsylvania to claim and take the cat with her, (as well as all his other property from the apt that was put in a storage shed).

After talking to the front desk woman a bit of the situation, it turns out she had actually seen the local news reports on the story! So she knows who the cat's owner is and what he's like.

I have a fear that the cat could maybe end up back with the guy at some point. Who knows?? I will head back to the shelter Monday and check if the cat was indeed picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyAppleton205 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
That's why it could be safe to fly the BS flag on his "mental illness". He likely used it as a ploy to buy more time. You would be surprised at how crafty some tenants can be when they are being evicted. Lots of us call them professional tenants. They know the ins and outs of the law and abuse the hell out of them.
Congrats on some peace and quiet. May it be lasting.

You can see his demeanor here while in cuffs talking to police and contrast it to his other bursts of rage. All of a sudden he's sooooooo polite with everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWYkDw26iWM

He keeps talking about some imaginary "DOCUMENTS" that cancel the eviction lol. If only the police would uncuff him and let him go back to his apt and get them, LMAO! Also he kept saying the security guard VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED him, oh and broke down his door, (why not throw that in there too!).

When he saw me and another tenant, he did politely ask the officers to arrest us for war crimes. Also the apt manager walked past him at one point and he calmly informed officers she was a war criminal. So even though his temperament was a complete 180, he was still talkin' the crazy talk!

We are all awaiting an update on what his situation will be. There is still always a risk of him coming back to the apts for revenge... assuming he's let go from the mental hospital. Security guards are still here as they are contracted through the end of the month.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:56 PM

54 posts, read 190,314 times
Default GoFundMe page for our hero security guard Sunny

Thought I'd post this here just because, hopefully it's ok!

Mark Yaskoweak was taken into custody on 05/15/2019 with the help of security guard Sunny. Mark stole Sunny's cell phone from him in addition to death threats, screaming the N word at him and threatening him with a hammer.

We have started a GoFundMe campaign to help Sunny buy a new and better phone! Please help Sunny out at...

https://www.gofundme.com/1n2rafe0s0?...3658d2

So there were 3 Sheriff Deputies in an unmarked car on the street next to our building. They knew Crazy Mark had a package delivered and he'd be out in the hallway to pick it up.

Sunny had left the door open for Sheriff Deputies to come in and grab the guy if they saw him. Crazy Mark came out looking for his package, (he'd get notifications on phone they were delivered). He saw the opened door and closed it, so now the deputies can't get inside.

Sunny came down from the 2nd floor landing and was able to physically block Crazy Mark with his body in the hallway from going back to his apt, (it's very narrow hallway especially where the mailboxes are).

The guy tried to push past Sunny as the deputies showed up to the door. Crazy Mark didn't see them as his back was turned away from the door. Sunny held him a bit then lunged over and opened the door as the deputies came rushing inside. Crazy Mark RAN like hell back to his apt but TRIPPED and fell down as the deputies swarmed him and cuffed him up!

So the security guard Sunny...sorry I should say the UNARMED security guard Sunny is the one who put himself physically in harms way and helped to get this guy finally taken into custody!

THANKS SUNNY!!

Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Thought I'd post this here just because, hopefully it's ok!

Mark Yaskoweak was taken into custody on 05/15/2019 with the help of security guard Sunny. Mark stole Sunny's cell phone from him in addition to death threats, screaming the N word at him and threatening him with a hammer.

We have started a GoFundMe campaign to help Sunny buy a new and better phone! Please help Sunny out at...

https://www.gofundme.com/1n2rafe0s0?...3658d2

So there were 3 Sheriff Deputies in an unmarked car on the street next to our building. They knew Crazy Mark had a package delivered and he'd be out in the hallway to pick it up.

Sunny had left the door open for Sheriff Deputies to come in and grab the guy if they saw him. Crazy Mark came out looking for his package, (he'd get notifications on phone they were delivered). He saw the opened door and closed it, so now the deputies can't get inside.

Sunny came down from the 2nd floor landing and was able to physically block Crazy Mark with his body in the hallway from going back to his apt, (it's very narrow hallway especially where the mailboxes are).

The guy tried to push past Sunny as the deputies showed up to the door. Crazy Mark didn't see them as his back was turned away from the door. Sunny held him a bit then lunged over and opened the door as the deputies came rushing inside. Crazy Mark RAN like hell back to his apt but TRIPPED and fell down as the deputies swarmed him and cuffed him up!

So the security guard Sunny...sorry I should say the UNARMED security guard Sunny is the one who put himself physically in harms way and helped to get this guy finally taken into custody!

THANKS SUNNY!!
Tell Sunny to go to Cricket Wireless they have a lot of nice free phones.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:16 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
I fear Crazy Mark will be let loose, come back and break a window to get in.

I hope there's a plan in place to prevent this or something like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting