Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 09:51 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
If you ever get sued, judge will not see it that way. Btw I am licensed real estate broker
No, they'll see it exactly my way. I have three units I rent, all without a broker. Two of which are on the property that is my primary residence. There are no state or local ordinances that require that I do anything but adhere to the federal statutes.

Since you're a broker, perhaps you can cite where I would be "sued", as you put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Hope you never need the Trained PETS!
I would simply train them myself on my own property. I spent 15 years working with CCI in southern California. Raised 12 dogs.

Perhaps if you quit hitting yourself in the forehead and started challenging yourself more, you wouldn't need your pets.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
No, they'll see it exactly my way. I have three units I rent, all without a broker. Two of which are on the property that is my primary residence. There are no state or local ordinances that require that I do anything but adhere to the federal statutes.

Since you're a broker, perhaps you can cite where I would be "sued", as you put it.

"
Landlords who maintain a “no pet” policy may not refuse to rent or prohibit a disabled person from having a service animal within the rental property. Federal housing law does not require the animal that provides the assistance to be a dog.
It can be confusing, because service animal access to public spaces is governed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), while the right to keep an assistance animal in a home is governed by Federal Fair Housing Laws."

Landlords who maintain a

Old 10-15-2019, 10:37 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Quote:
I would simply train them myself on my own property. I spent 15 years working with CCI in southern California. Raised 12 dogs.

Perhaps if you quit hitting yourself in the forehead and started challenging yourself more, you wouldn't need your pets.
My Medical problems are NOT Your Business!

You Claim to have worked with CCI ...as what a Kennel Helper? Cause you seem to have No Compassion for you fellow humans. Wonder how your bosses would feel finding out how you Hate the Handicap.....

Old 10-15-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
My Medical problems are NOT Your Business!

You Claim to have worked with CCI ...as what a Kennel Helper? Cause you seem to have No Compassion for you fellow humans. Wonder how your bosses would feel finding out how you Hate the Handicap.....
I never asked about your alleged medical issues, nor do I care.

If you knew one remote iota of what CCI was, you would know that they don't have kennels. Therefore, no kennel helpers.

Having spent the majority of my adult life actually raising and training real service dogs, i can assure you that my conscience is clear when it comes to compassion for my fellow humans.

Your allegation that I "hate the handicap" has been reported as an insult per the TOS of this forum. Have a great evening.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:23 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Quote:
I never asked about your alleged medical issues, nor do I care.

If you knew one remote iota of what CCI was, you would know that they don't have kennels. Therefore, no kennel helpers.

Having spent the majority of my adult life actually raising and training real service dogs, i can assure you that my conscience is clear when it comes to compassion for my fellow humans.

Your allegation that I "hate the handicap" has been reported as an insult per the TOS of this forum. Have a great evening.
Another proof you Hate the handicap.

OK so you are a PUPPY Raiser! hahahahaha Poor Pups

Old 10-15-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
"
Landlords who maintain a “no pet” policy may not refuse to rent or prohibit a disabled person from having a service animal within the rental property. Federal housing law does not require the animal that provides the assistance to be a dog.
It can be confusing, because service animal access to public spaces is governed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), while the right to keep an assistance animal in a home is governed by Federal Fair Housing Laws."

Landlords who maintain a
I'd strongly suggest that you learn how to read prior to promulgating bad advice on the internet.

Quote:
2. Who must comply with the Fair Housing Act’s reasonable accommodation
requirements?
Any person or entity engaging in prohibited conduct – i.e., refusing to make reasonable
accommodations in rules, policies, practices, or services, when such accommodations may be
necessary to afford a person with a disability an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling –
may be held liable unless they fall within an exception to the Act’s coverage. Courts have
applied the Act to individuals, corporations, associations and others involved in the provision of
housing and residential lending, including property owners, housing managers, homeowners and
condominium associations, lenders, real estate agents, and brokerage services. Courts have also
applied the Act to state and local governments, most often in the context of exclusionary zoning
or other land-use decisions. See e.g., City of Edmonds v. Oxford House, Inc., 514 U.S. 725, 729
(1995); Project Life v. Glendening, 139 F. Supp. 703, 710 (D. Md. 2001), aff'd 2002 WL
2012545 (4th Cir. 2002). Under specific exceptions to the Fair Housing Act, the reasonable
accommodation requirements of the Act do not apply to a private individual owner who sells his
own home so long as he (1) does not own more than three single-family homes; (2) does not use
a real estate agent and does not employ any discriminatory advertising or notices; (3) has not
engaged in a similar sale of a home within a 24-month period; and (4) is not in the business of
selling or renting dwellings. The reasonable accommodation requirements of the Fair Housing
Act also do not apply to owner-occupied buildings that have four or fewer dwelling units.
I'll use the actual HUD statement instead of your for-profit service animal site.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Another proof you Hate the handicap.

OK so you are a PUPPY Raiser! hahahahaha Poor Pups
Do you know the definition of the word "proof"? If so, please explain how the statement you quoted provides any proof of your allegation.

Despite your attempt to belittle my efforts in providing actual real working service dogs, all you are doing at this point is highlighting your own inept logic. Spending 20-30 months with a dog to turn it over to an individual with an actual handicap that can be served by the canine I spent those 20-30 months training is literally the antithesis of hate, or "puppy raising" as you attempted to denigrate this as.

In the interest of total transparency, how many dogs have you raised and trained for others?

Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Quote:
I'd strongly suggest that you learn how to read prior to promulgating bad advice on the internet.

I'll use the actual HUD statement instead of your for-profit service animal site.
WOW, just wow!

I took the time to read these case laws, which have ZERO to do with the topic at hand. a 1998 Supreme case?? On Military facility changes in zoning? Really? That is your red herring you are standing by?

A service ANIMAL is by federal law, NOT a Pet. It is a 24 hr assistance for the afflicted.

An Emotional support "pet" is the wolf in sheep clothings that people try to weasel into private places (establishments) as being covered by the ADA.

The Federal Govt has the most vague criteria for vetting though when it comes to "service animals" as you cannot ask the holder anything other then...what service does it provide? They could say...ohh they fetch my therepy ball!

Old 10-15-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
WOW, just wow!

I took the time to read these case laws, which have ZERO to do with the topic at hand. a 1998 Supreme case?? On Military facility changes in zoning? Really? That is your red herring you are standing by?

A service ANIMAL is by federal law, NOT a Pet. It is a 24 hr assistance for the afflicted.

An Emotional support "pet" is the wolf in sheep clothings that people try to weasel into private places (establishments) as being covered by the ADA.

The Federal Govt has the most vague criteria for vetting though when it comes to "service animals" as you cannot ask the holder anything other then...what service does it provide? They could say...ohh they fetch my therepy ball!
Please read the details. There are no red herrings.

The case law and statement is here:
https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/huddojstatement.pdf

Per the actual post that opened this thread, there are exceptions to the the FHA/ADA guidelines that allow a property owner to determine the difference between a pet and a service animal and discriminate accordingly, even for THERAPY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting