Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 11:20 AM

32 posts, read 13,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I tell everyone in your situation the same thing. MOVE! Your life is going to be a living hell with that person under you so plan your exit strategy. Cops, courts, taping activities, etc. Waste of energy.

You are def right me and wife are also looking for a new place to rent and we told the property manager that we will break the lease because she is not doing anything about it.

If someone here in this forum who used to be or is a property manager for any apt complex can you please shed some light as to why mgt doesn't do anything?

We lived in apts back in NJ we never had this issue. One of my sis law in NY she has 4 small kids and she got a notice for noise complaint and that 3 strikes she is out. I don't think the lady downstairs received any notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 12:06 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I would get together with all the neighbors and send a certified letter to the management or landlord and demand this person be evicted due to her actions. It's not right that numerous people are being affected by one person. You guys all need to stand up TOGETHER and get this person evicted. Document everything and record everything you can to support your case.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:39 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I would get together with all the neighbors and send a certified letter to the management or landlord and demand this person be evicted due to her actions. It's not right that numerous people are being affected by one person. You guys all need to stand up TOGETHER and get this person evicted. Document everything and record everything you can to support your case.
Nobody has actually been affected, aside from the pounding on the ceiling. All of the "possessed" antics haven't actually done anything - aside from a bunch of idiot kids staring into a neighbor's window and harassing them.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:56 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Nobody has actually been affected, aside from the pounding on the ceiling. All of the "possessed" antics haven't actually done anything - aside from a bunch of idiot kids staring into a neighbor's window and harassing them.

It's called the right to quiet enjoyment. She's violating it. It can be corrected legally

Old 12-31-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:

I feel like whatever she does in her space is her business. If she sits there stare at the window the whole, day that's her business. She pays her own rent and she doesn't bother anyone.

And do not blame the kids! they are being kids very curious. The community itself is very kid friendly that it looks like the old days that a lot of kids would just play outside instead of going to their phones or computers.

Do not concentrate about the possessed antics try to connect all the details I've mentioned Besides the banging

First is the growling
Second screaming

Third not respecting the officers (screamed at one officer)
4th mgt is not doing anything!

What does this tell you? is this a person who can be potential harm to herself or to others?

Even if we move out how will I know that this person will not torment the tenant who will be living in our space.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
It's called the right to quiet enjoyment. She's violating it. It can be corrected legally
You obviously do not understand the legal definition of that term.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac194 View Post
I feel like whatever she does in her space is her business. If she sits there stare at the window the whole, day that's her business. She pays her own rent and she doesn't bother anyone.

And do not blame the kids! they are being kids very curious. The community itself is very kid friendly that it looks like the old days that a lot of kids would just play outside instead of going to their phones or computers.

Do not concentrate about the possessed antics try to connect all the details I've mentioned Besides the banging

First is the growling
Second screaming

Third not respecting the officers (screamed at one officer)
4th mgt is not doing anything!

What does this tell you? is this a person who can be potential harm to herself or to others?

Even if we move out how will I know that this person will not torment the tenant who will be living in our space.
It tells me you’re focused on nothing. If she had done anything illegal or dangerous the cops would not have been ignored.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:

I have all the documentation and recordings. The neighbor beside her also complained about her. Like I said my wife went to Justice of Peace and told her they cannot do anything about it.

Oh btw we also contacted the courtesy officer numerous times and goes straight to voicemail (not even one ring). The number was given to us by the property manager since it was not even in our contract lease. At this point I don't even think the number she gave us is the real number of the courtesy officer.

Sometimes I think its because we are minorities and that they don't want to act. Neighbor downstairs she is white. Property manager is also white. Her neighbor is Spanish and I'm Asian and my wife is Spanish. Its just very frustrating and we feel like prisoners in our own space.

I scream at my kids because when they run around the apartment in the AFTERNOON or we would drive them around every night around 8:30pm just for them to fall asleep. And I know this is not fair for them since they are small and just want to be kids.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
It tells me you’re focused on nothing. If she had done anything illegal or dangerous the cops would not have been ignored.

But that's exactly the point. You would rather her hurt someone or do something illegal until someone can take action.

If something happens to my kids or to other kids in that community because of her will it be the mgt fault by not looking at the signs and not listening to us?

If she hurt herself would that be mgt fault as well?

It seems that you do not understand the gravity of the situation here. You make it seem that she is pretty normal and not crazy. I'm saying this because what she does to us is not funny anymore. My kids are freaking scared to even sleep in their room.

How are we going to move forward and live peacefully if even the mgt cannot do anything besides tell me "im going to fix it".

How will I know she will not hurt anybody in that community or hurt my kids?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:25 PM

234 posts, read 228,007 times
People are not possessed. They may have undiagnosed mental health issues that we used to attribute to demonic posession before we became a more secularized world and didn't have much scientific research..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting