Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 04:26 PM

234 posts, read 228,124 times

Advertisements

Could be an anxiety disorder. People with severe anxiety issues are on edge all the time and the slightest things can trigger them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 04:34 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Like I said my wife went to Justice of Peace and told her they cannot do anything about it.

Because no crime has been committed. You expect and demand that authority uphold the law, right? They are doing exactly that. They are not making arbitrary decisions based on what you want. You have a weird, unpleasant neighbor. That's all. The responding police officer had no justification for breaking into her apartment just because she wouldn't come to the door or yelled at them. They need probable cause that a crime is being committed. Turn the situation around. If the officers broke down YOUR door just because a neighbor complained about YOU I'll bet you wouldn't like that would you?

Oh btw we also contacted the courtesy officer numerous times and goes straight to voicemail (not even one ring). The number was given to us by the property manager since it was not even in our contract lease. At this point I don't even think the number she gave us is the real number of the courtesy officer.

What is a "courtesy officer"? Again, if no crime has been committed what do you expect them to do? She bangs, she yells, she's rude. Unfortunately many people are. There is no law against it.

Sometimes I think its because we are minorities and that they don't want to act. Neighbor downstairs she is white. Property manager is also white. Her neighbor is Spanish and I'm Asian and my wife is Spanish. Its just very frustrating and we feel like prisoners in our own space.

Don't even go there. You have no evidence of any type of discrimination. You have a property manager who isn't doing anything to diffuse the situation. You don't actually know whether they have contacted your nasty neighbor or not.

I scream at my kids because when they run around the apartment in the AFTERNOON or we would drive them around every night around 8:30pm just for them to fall asleep. And I know this is not fair for them since they are small and just want to be kids.

Ah, so its OK for your kids to make noise and for you to scream at them but not OK for a neighbor to complain about it? Got it.

You are not "prisoners". Unlike real prisoners you have choices. Save the money, break your lease and move out. Tell the manager why. Vote with your feet. If they really want to keep good tenants they MIGHT take some action. If this woman pays her rent on time, isn't unsanitary or creating a hazard to the property (I mean something like lighting fires or plugging plumbing), abides by the terms in her lease, and doesn't commit crimes, they may have trouble getting rid of her so don't count on much changing.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-31-2019 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-31-2019, 04:35 PM

32 posts, read 13,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
People are not possessed. They may have undiagnosed mental health issues that we used to attribute to demonic posession before we became a more secularized world and didn't have much scientific research..

trust me I don't believe in demonic possession. But do you think she can do harm to herself or to others?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
Could be an anxiety disorder. People with severe anxiety issues are on edge all the time and the slightest things can trigger them.

I don't know about anxiety disorders but if so will someone starts growling? Also do you think she can be harm to herself or to others?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Like I said my wife went to Justice of Peace and told her they cannot do anything about it.

Because no crime has been committed. You expect and demand that authority uphold the law, right? They are doing exactly that. They are not making arbitrary decisions based on what you want. You have a weird, unpleasant neighbor. That's all. The responding police officer had no justification for breaking into her apartment just because she wouldn't come to the door or yelled at them. They need probable cause that a crime is being committed. Turn the situation around. If the officers broke down YOUR door just because a neighbor complained about YOU I'll bet you wouldn't like that would you?

Oh btw we also contacted the courtesy officer numerous times and goes straight to voicemail (not even one ring). The number was given to us by the property manager since it was not even in our contract lease. At this point I don't even think the number she gave us is the real number of the courtesy officer.

What is a "courtesy officer"? Again, if no crime has been committed what do you expect them to do? She bangs, she yells, she's rude. Unfortunately many people are. There is no law against it.

Sometimes I think its because we are minorities and that they don't want to act. Neighbor downstairs she is white. Property manager is also white. Her neighbor is Spanish and I'm Asian and my wife is Spanish. Its just very frustrating and we feel like prisoners in our own space.

Don't even go there. You have no evidence of any type of discrimination. You have a property manager who isn't doing anything to diffuse the situation. You don't actually know whether they have contacted your nasty neighbor or not.

I scream at my kids because when they run around the apartment in the AFTERNOON or we would drive them around every night around 8:30pm just for them to fall asleep. And I know this is not fair for them since they are small and just want to be kids.

Ah, so its OK for your kids to make noise and for you to scream at them but not OK for a neighbor to complain about it? Got it.

You are not "prisoners". Unlike real prisoners you have choices. Save the money, break your lease and move out.

- Courtesy officer is the police who lives in the community and deals with noise complaint and in return they rent is lower than the rest of the tenants.

-Make sense but the police is not going to kick my door. If a police officer knocks on my door my first initial is to open the door unless I'm doing something illegal.

-That's why I said sometime and yes I don't want to think about that either. But when you are in alot of stress you think about different scenarios.

- I don't know if you are being sarcastic but like I said I realized that its nor fair for my kids because we are scared that the neighbor might bang on her ceiling again.

You are not "prisoners". Unlike real prisoners you have choices. Save the money, break your lease and move out

- Your are def right. That's why we are currently looking around the area to move and just break our lease if mgt will not do anything to her.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac194 View Post

- Courtesy officer is the police who lives in the community and deals with noise complaint and in return they rent is lower than the rest of the tenants.

-Make sense but the police is not going to kick my door. If a police officer knocks on my door my first initial is to open the door unless I'm doing something illegal.

-That's why I said sometime and yes I don't want to think about that either. But when you are in a lot of stress you think about different scenarios.

- I don't know if you are being sarcastic but like I said I realized that its nor fair for my kids because we are scared that the neighbor might bang on her ceiling again.

You are not "prisoners". Unlike real prisoners you have choices. Save the money, break your lease and move out

- Your are def right. That's why we are currently looking around the area to move and just break our lease if mgt will not do anything to her.

- so what you're telling me if she kills/or hurt my kids my wife or other kids around the community that's when the police will do something right? Got it.
- Ignore the signs of a potential psycho because we don't want to make any assumptions.

really Sorry just really frustrating me and trying relax my self.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:14 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:

- so what you're telling me if she kills/or hurt my kids my wife or other kids around the community that's when the police will do something right? Got it.
- Ignore the signs of a potential psycho because we don't want to make any assumptions.

really Sorry just really frustrating me and trying relax my self.
Now you’re just being dramatic.

Read your lease regarding early termination and follow it to a T.

No one is doing anything because this lady hasn’t done anything but annoy you.

If she does have a mental illness, she will be in a protected class and getting her evicted might never happen.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:29 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:

Well, you really don't have "signs" of a potential psycho. You have evidence of a grumpy, irritable, annoying neighbor. Big difference.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:43 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times
Quote:
But that's exactly the point. You would rather her hurt someone or do something illegal until someone can take action.

If something happens to my kids or to other kids in that community because of her will it be the mgt fault by not looking at the signs and not listening to us?

If she hurt herself would that be mgt fault as well?

It seems that you do not understand the gravity of the situation here. You make it seem that she is pretty normal and not crazy. I'm saying this because what she does to us is not funny anymore. My kids are freaking scared to even sleep in their room.

How are we going to move forward and live peacefully if even the mgt cannot do anything besides tell me "im going to fix it".

How will I know she will not hurt anybody in that community or hurt my kids?
So. You’re proposing to infringe upon someone’s rights when they have offended your sensibilities but broken no laws?

Old 12-31-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Now you’re just being dramatic.

Read your lease regarding early termination and follow it to a T.

No one is doing anything because this lady hasn’t done anything but annoy you.

If she does have a mental illness, she will be in a protected class and getting her evicted might never happen.

If Im being dramatic because i'm concerned about my family safety then I'm dramatic then.

No one is doing anything because the lady hasn't done anything to us - Hopefully.

Now this is useful info and that might be the reason why mgt cannot do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting