Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 06:14 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown202020 View Post
I agree even know I can get an emotional support dog I am waiting, its giving me anxiety thinking what the neighbors and management will do. Evn know family is saying I should not care what others think it is causing to much anxiety and will ruin the experience of my new dog if I had one. I will wait.

I would be stressed to even bring my dog out becaue all the nieghbors would know its an EMS and I must have a mental health condition.

SO the question know is is there a cat that is truly hypo allergenic and acts like a dog.
I mean, tons of people have anxiety and/or depression. An ESA doesn't mean you are severely mentally ill. And they will probably think you just made it up to have a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 06:14 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
You're going against the actual purpose and intent of the law and making it a FARCE.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:56 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,233 times
Talk to your psychiatrist see what he / she thinks of you getting a dog for emotional support. Dogs can have a calming affect on a person with mental health issues. Your doctor will know if its a good idea or not. We dont know the extent of your problems and cant truthfully tell you whether its a good idea or not.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:10 PM

226 posts, read 148,036 times
Well I have a mood disorder I am trying not to go into details, I have GAD and I have severe OCD. THe OCD would be the biggest barrier we talked about it and I feel I would not be afraid of my dogs germs. MY germ phobias are more toward HIV contamination. ANother scenerio we talked about is if out anda wild animal gets near my dog or other dog would I fear the germs. Very complicated and its still something that needs to be mulled over. Not sure how many with OCD get dogs.

My dog would wear shoes when outside. I do not think the the germs would bother because dog would have rabies vaccine and my frears gear more towards things like HIV and HPV.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:13 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Well I have a mood disorder I am trying not to go into details, I have GAD and I have severe OCD. THe OCD would be the biggest barrier we talked about it and I feel I would not be afraid of my dogs germs. MY germ phobias are more toward HIV contamination. ANother scenerio we talked about is if out anda wild animal gets near my dog or other dog would I fear the germs. Very complicated and its still something that needs to be mulled over. Not sure how many with OCD get dogs.

My dog would wear shoes when outside. I do not think the the germs would bother because dog would have rabies vaccine and my frears gear more towards things like HIV and HPV.
Don't get a dog.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:15 PM

many people wher i live in chicago put shoes on dog because its muddy and when you get inside you take off so apartment is clean when I go for walks half the dogs have shoes on.......

Old 02-24-2020, 07:17 PM

Many dogs where I live wear shoes when outside and its raining or muddy I live in urban chicago half the dogs have shoes on.

you take off when inside so house does not get muddy .

Old 02-24-2020, 07:30 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times
Quote:

Absolutely do NOT get a dog. Period. If you have that kind of OCD. Do NOT traumatize another animal with that same thing.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:41 PM

I am a caring person I do not think I would traumitize the dog how am I gong to think the dog has aids or HPV? I am not the type of OCD that has to keep washing things.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:51 PM

lots of OCD dogs I just googled......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting