Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:58 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,067,125 times

Advertisements

Yes, it should be simple for them just to put new glass in, within a day or two, unless it needs a special order on the glass. Enjoy your new home, once you move in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:37 PM

828 posts, read 415,065 times
Plan on 2 weeks. give or take a week. Depends on what glass shops are local. Most of them are sealed double pane glass units.
Some shops may make themselfs. Most have to order.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:23 PM

11 posts, read 4,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Yes, it should be simple for them just to put new glass in, within a day or two, unless it needs a special order on the glass. Enjoy your new home, once you move in
Thank you and that sounds good believe I can't wait to move in and hopefully it can be done within a week timespan.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
Plan on 2 weeks. give or take a week. Depends on what glass shops are local. Most of them are sealed double pane glass units.
Some shops may make themselfs. Most have to order.
Believe me I'm prepared for anything haha just hope they fix it this memorial week. The frame is good on the sliding door so hopefully since I'm in a big city like San Antonio were we get big hail around this time of the year and well this is a quiet city but sometimes burglaries can happen so hopefully there's places that have glasses ready for deck sliding doors.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineintx View Post
Believe me I'm prepared for anything haha just hope they fix it this memorial week. The frame is good on the sliding door so hopefully since I'm in a big city like San Antonio were we get big hail around this time of the year and well this is a quiet city but sometimes burglaries can happen so hopefully there's places that have glasses ready for deck sliding doors.
sorry typo meant "where* we get big hail around this time of the year"

Old 05-24-2020, 04:28 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Those “kids throwing rocks” need to be found and given a severe scolding. Must have been some serious rocks, maybe even purposeful vandalism since that was probably tempered, shatter resistant glass.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Those “kids throwing rocks” need to be found and given a severe scolding. Must have been some serious rocks, maybe even purposeful vandalism since that was probably tempered, shatter resistant glass.
Believe me I know and this is a large apartment complex and sometimes there's been kids from an apartment complex across the street that sometimes has immature kids left alone without supervision of age 9-12 and it's been the only problem in my apartment complex. Sometimes in Texas there's small enclaves of lower income apartment properties and it can just be a single one out of a very nice upscale area like my place and during summer times it can be a minor issue.
That's why we also have a security code now in the walk in entries of the apartment complex which usually works unless someone waits for someone to drive out gates.
Overall I'm glad the apartment complex said they are "ON IT" in caps and apologized to me for the inconvenience I just hope the window can get fixed at my new Unit during Memorial Day week since the sliding door's frame and roller at the bottom is still there and the window right next to it where the Security Stick falls across is still there left untouched. So hope they can get the window replaced on the sliding door's window this week.Fingers crossed.

Last edited by christineintx; 05-24-2020 at 05:19 AM..

Old 05-24-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Yeah, no idea why you can't live there??
Hey there sorry I missed your reply earlier. I have to double check with the Leasing Office staff that helped me get the new unit to see if that's possible til I wait for the new Window for the sliding door on the patio which can hopefully get replaced this week.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:30 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
Just a suggestion: since you have rock throwing vandals in your complex, get yourself a security camera to mount over the door. If the kids break the glass again, you will have proof that you didn't break it yourself. Plus, I'm sure that management would love to identify the kids doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting