Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 01:54 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
well maybe they came and did not leave a note but ill have to ask . if by the end of next week if they dont come there could be a problem. but i think they put the poison down before i moved in. i think they knew there was mice there before. the place was very dirty when i looked at it. the mouse was going haywire a sign i saw before when i lived in another appartment when they put the posion.

id rather poison then mouse traps. i tell them just use the poison. i am afraid of the mice i dont want to get rid of any dead mice. the posion has been a good solution before when i lived in another appartment. i think it takes 3 weeks to get rid of the mice.

just because i dont see them one night does not mean there gone either.

as for my stove it has no timer or cleaner.
You want bait so they go back in the wall and die? Do you have any idea how bad that smells?? Throwing away a dead mouse is better than smelling a dead mouse that you can’t get to. But to each his own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2020, 02:06 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

You should change your posting ID. The current one doesn't fit.
Thanks for the laugh. The OP won't "get it", btw, lol.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:17 PM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Thanks for the laugh. The OP won't "get it", btw, lol.
thanks for the insult. its a very easy joke to get. I am a lot smarter than the average bear.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:26 PM

828 posts, read 415,800 times
Quote:
well maybe they came and did not leave a note but ill have to ask . if by the end of next week if they dont come there could be a problem. but i think they put the poison down before i moved in. i think they knew there was mice there before. the place was very dirty when i looked at it. the mouse was going haywire a sign i saw before when i lived in another appartment when they put the posion.

id rather poison then mouse traps. i tell them just use the poison. i am afraid of the mice i dont want to get rid of any dead mice. the posion has been a good solution before when i lived in another appartment. i think it takes 3 weeks to get rid of the mice.

just because i dont see them one night does not mean there gone either.

as for my stove it has no timer or cleaner.
I myself would just buy a few disposable traps and get rid of them. Still allow an exterminator to follow up. But the traps work so much faster to get rid of the problem.

I would not like it touching a trap either. But I would rather get the problem over with. Instead of waiting and have a mouse decomposing in the wall for months.

Could also take a quick pic of every mouse. Save receipts and ask LL for a credit.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You want bait so they go back in the wall and die? Do you have any idea how bad that smells?? Throwing away a dead mouse is better than smelling a dead mouse that you can’t get to. But to each his own

yes they can die in the walls and smell but often they go outside to die trying to get water. there is a risk they die in the walls. usually, the poison sends them outside. That is why they use the poison that they do.

i have no food or water out and have been eating somewhere else. I don't think they want to stay here forever without food.

Old 12-06-2020, 03:43 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
yes they can die in the walls and smell but often they go outside to die trying to get water. there is a risk they die in the walls. usually, the poison sends them outside. That is why they use the poison that they do.

i have no food or water out and have been eating somewhere else. I don't think they want to stay here forever without food.
You are anything but average and really have no clue. They will take the bait and die in your walls, but I’d you can handle the smell (which I highly doubt after your tantrum over an oven timer, go for it)

Set some spring traps or sticky traps..., easy to dispose of.

Good luck. You clearly don’t want help, you just want to complain. Will be you asking how to break your lease next??

Old 12-06-2020, 03:53 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,836,700 times
The beauty of the most mouse poisons is that the poison itself forces the mice to go out into a very well lighted area. They rarely die in the walls.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:05 PM

563 posts, read 677,666 times
If you lived nearby, I'd rent you my cats Larry and Curly. They also catch them somewhere outside, and bring them home half eaten and real dead nearly everyday. I haven't seen a live mouse in my house for years.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
The beauty of the most mouse poisons is that the poison itself forces the mice to go out into a very well lighted area. They rarely die in the walls.
you are correct they rarely die in the walls it drives them outside before death.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
If you lived nearby, I'd rent you my cats Larry and Curly. They also catch them somewhere outside, and bring them home half eaten and real dead nearly everyday. I haven't seen a live mouse in my house for years.

there is a animal that catches more mice than a cat. a barnyard owl can catch even more than a cat. but a owl flying around my apartment might not work.

i heard a barnyard owl can catch up to 100 mice a night!

id hate it if they brought me a mouse id tell them just dispose of them outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting