Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 02:01 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Because it has to go through the rental office I cannot call them to come out since it's not a private residence. I am being told the melting came from underground not above so the situation was supposed to be addressed. I went online and said that the maintenance request was completed but no one contacted me to say what was done. So I had to call the rental office and demand someone call me to let me know what is the situation regarding the melting issue.
Who pays the electric? You or the ll? If you, get on the phone and call them to come out. Shoot, call them anyway.., they will take your call and they will investigate.

You’re more concerned about not having cable/internet then you are about a house fire.

Oh, and don’t bother thinking about withholding rent for something like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
That was going to be my next move but maintenance came here today to let me know that the situation has been has been handled. So lets see what happens this weekend. The maintenance guy said they can't have open cases on the website and told me it was completed. So if its not handled I am contacting someone higher up. And I dont want to keep calling comcast every week when its not their issue. I decided to stay at a hotel this weekend just in case the situation is not resolved
It is a Comcast issue if their wires keep melting... they have to replace their wires, no? No but Comcast can work on their lines or equipment so yes, it’s a Comcast issue

Old 02-17-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
They said they are in the process of having the electric company come to the building but they havent been successful. So March rent will be on hold until this gets resolved
Withhold March’s rent and you’ll be served an eviction notice. Your cable issues aren’t a habitability issue.. just an annoyance. Your landlord had your request and has repeatedly told you they are working on it. But go ahead and withhold that rent over internet.

I said it before.... you can call the electric company..... you can’t call an electrical contractor, but you can call the electric company ans they will advise you.

Old 02-17-2021, 02:26 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Who pays the electric? You or the ll? If you, get on the phone and call them to come out. Shoot, call them anyway.., they will take your call and they will investigate.

You’re more concerned about not having cable/internet then you are about a house fire.

Oh, and don’t bother thinking about withholding rent for something like this.
If I cant access the internet that means no working from home since the office is not an option right now

Old 02-17-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
It is a Comcast issue if their wires keep melting... they have to replace their wires, no? No but Comcast can work on their lines or equipment so yes, it’s a Comcast issue
So comcast wires just melts now after 5 days and nothing is causing it?

Old 02-17-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
If I cant access the internet that means no working from home since the office is not an option right now
Then go find some internet... get some hot spot on your phone.... you have options. You can pick up WiFi in a Starbucks parking lot.

Old 02-17-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
So comcast wires just melts now after 5 days and nothing is causing it?
You expect me to know the answer to that? Call Comcast and ask them to figure it out.. its their equipment so they should be looking into it.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:35 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Todays the 17 so you have 11 DAYS to MOVE

Dont with hold RENT!

You can call the Cable Co BUT Cant call the Electric Co? Sounds to me you are using a Extention cord from a neighbor .stealing their Electric & have too many amps on it!

Last edited by Katie1; 02-17-2021 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-17-2021, 04:23 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times
Quote:
That's not an option because once the cable wire is melted, I no longer have a signal to connect to any wifi
Your PC's WiFi does not require a cable connection (after all, that's the whole point of WiFi). My PC only connects by WiFi to a router in the basement. The router could just as easily be at the next door neighbors.

Now if there are no other WiFi networks near you, that is a different issue.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Your PC's WiFi does not require a cable connection (after all, that's the whole point of WiFi). My PC only connects by WiFi to a router in the basement. The router could just as easily be at the next door neighbors.

Now if there are no other WiFi networks near you, that is a different issue.
But why would I click on any wifi if I am connecting to my job's network?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting