Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 08:00 PM

324 posts, read 270,917 times

Advertisements

The last rv park I was in had the same issue. I do believe we had non residents using the dumpster as well since weekly it was full of sofas, chairs and whatnot that would not be in a camper.

The present rv park is a totally different world. More than enough dumpsters emptied 2x a week. Twice the number of spaces and yet no overflowing garbage....hmmmm.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 08:03 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Of course. I lived by the trash compactor at my last complex and it seems like once a month someone would throw a non broken down box in that would get stuck in the chute and cause the thing to try to compact endlessly. It seemed like it was on Friday night on many occasions, so I’d be stuck hearing grinding and pounding all weekend. We actually had a different dumpster for large boxes so it didn’t block up the one people were using for regular trash.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:34 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yes, unfortunately, this is surely the case.

Here, too. I am SO sick of having to wade through bags of trash on the ground to put mine into the (mostly empty) dumpster. I am so sick of lazy-assed neighbors. We have three trash dumpsters right near our apartment (there are many other setups like this throughout the complex, which really isn't that big). What I find is that the one that is right by the opening is fairly full and the other two on either side (really, just a few more steps to get to them) are completely empty while there are bags and bags just thrown in front of the center dumpster.
Where I live, there are two dumpsters near my building. Each has lids divided into four sections. For some reason, most people are too precious to want to touch the icky dumpster lids (hint: they're not that icky), so you'll see trash piled to overfull on any section of the dumpster where the lid is already open. If it overfills, they'll just pile their bags on top of the other lids rather than lifting them, while the parts of the dumpsters under the closed lids are empty. (No, they're not that heavy, and no, one would be hard-pressed to be too short to manage. And if you feel "dirty" after touching it, then go back into your apartment that isn't far away and wash your hands...)

Of course, today I went out and saw, next to our recycling bins, a plastic grocery bag with a few soda cans in it. Just on the ground. But I will be generous and say they did it not due to laziness, but because there *are* people who will come by and collect cans and bottles to turn in to redeem the cash (our state has bottle deposit), so maybe they wanted to make it easier for the can collectors without making them crawl halfway in the big bins.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:38 PM

728 posts, read 302,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Unicorn View Post
The last rv park I was in had the same issue. I do believe we had non residents using the dumpster as well since weekly it was full of sofas, chairs and whatnot that would not be in a camper.

The present rv park is a totally different world. More than enough dumpsters emptied 2x a week. Twice the number of spaces and yet no overflowing garbage....hmmmm.......

Do you always live in rv parks? What's it like living in an rv park? I always felt that it is a viable way to live instead of in a regular house in town. Do you own the rv and pay for lot rent or do you rent the rv in that park?

Old 04-06-2021, 10:01 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Sounds like you are living in a Section 8 housing situation.
Nope just upper middle class snobs that think Taking it Out is good enough. They just Toss the bags out their car as they drive by! Since I Live in the apt with Dumpster in my window I have Full View! LL dont care they just tell the workers clean it up!

Old 04-06-2021, 03:06 PM

9,833 posts, read 4,623,002 times
I know of apartments where each section has a trash areas with half dozen trash and half dozen recycling cans and peole do the same there. Just toss boxes and even trash bags in the area. In their minds close is good enough.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:18 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Break them down and put w/the recycle (if that is available)

Old 04-06-2021, 04:19 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Yes. That is just common courtesy and consideration of others.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:42 PM

324 posts, read 270,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Do you always live in rv parks? What's it like living in an rv park? I always felt that it is a viable way to live instead of in a regular house in town. Do you own the rv and pay for lot rent or do you rent the rv in that park?
Been in rv parks for the last 10 years or so. 3 different campers. Lot rent depends totally on location. Right now rent is 420 a month, electric runs 125, cable is 30. This park is quiet, rules enforced. Last park started out great, but then went to ****. They just stopped caring about it and simple rules....like kids being watched by parents went out the window.

Also keep in mind many parks will not allow campers in older than 10 yrs old. And spaces are scarce now.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:49 PM

828 posts, read 415,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Should tenants be asked to break down their cardboard before putting it in the apartment dumpsters or cans. Some weeks the cans and dumpsters fill up with in a day or two of the last pick-up simply because people won't crunch, fold or breakdown their cardboard boxes. I've seen designated trash and recycle areas piled high in boxes which is a code violation in many communities.

So yes, should be asked. But not expected to since you cant enforce the rule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting