Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 04:39 PM

11 posts, read 9,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Wow! Lol! I would have asked nicely only once. After that, and especially if the situation ever made me late or whatever, I would immediately be known as "the crazy lady"! They're treating you like a doormat.
I didn't get a chance to mention that we've lived in this building for years now and know the neighbors well. I think that is why they are taking advantage. My mom is the one who doesn't want to cause any issues with them. My dad wanted to talk to them many times over this issue, but my mom said that she will talk to the landlord about it. She hasn't done so yet. It is a stressful situation for her when I go out and she has to watch to see if anyone parks there so she can let them know that I am not home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 07:30 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey20 View Post
I didn't get a chance to mention that we've lived in this building for years now and know the neighbors well. I think that is why they are taking advantage. My mom is the one who doesn't want to cause any issues with them. My dad wanted to talk to them many times over this issue, but my mom said that she will talk to the landlord about it. She hasn't done so yet. It is a stressful situation for her when I go out and she has to watch to see if anyone parks there so she can let them know that I am not home.
Your mom is the type of person who thinks avoiding conflict alleviates stress, when all it does it make it worse. It would have been A LOT better to handle this when it started.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:55 PM

6,852 posts, read 4,850,706 times
Maybe you or your father should have a conversation with the neighbors without informing your Mother. Same with complaining to the landlord. Ask him to have a discussion with the other tenants to explain towing is in their future. What your mother doesn't know can't hurt her.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,102,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This is where people like you always run into problems. It's not your job to solve their problem for them. Tell them that the LL has agreed to have ANY car that is illegally parked in front of your garage towed in accordance with the signs. You're giving them a heads up that that includes theirs, so the next time it happens they should expect to be towed. They don't need an explanation or help as to what they need to do to park in their own garage. That's none of your concern, you're not their mother.

This, exactly! They've been warned, they know they are blocking you. Why are you knocking yourself out trying to be considerate when they've made it plain they don't care about you, are inconsiderate, and will do what they want regardless how it affects you or others.

Annoy the heck out of the landlord until they learn not to park there.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:57 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,536,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey20 View Post
Oh for heaven's sake if you're over 18 it's time to move out!

Old 04-27-2021, 05:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Oh for heaven's sake if you're over 18 it's time to move out!
Why? Why does he/she have to move out if they’re over 18?

This isn’t about how old they are, this is about neighbors blocking the garage.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:39 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
OP, your neighbors think that you guys have a happy relationship that everyone is pleased with. You don't complain so in their mind they are thinking that they are happy because they get extra parking and you are happy because you call and ask them to move their car every time you need in or out.

You are so nice about it and they are getting their own way. What's not to like?

Every time they block you in, just take a photo and send it to your landlord. He will call the towing company. After they paying towing once or twice, they will stop parking in front of your garage. Your parking problem will be solved and it wasn't even you who had them towed.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:29 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
It would be a shame if you found out when your neighbors are asleep, and then suddenly needed to go out right in the middle of that time, and had to call them up and wake them up to come and move their car.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Why? Why does he/she have to move out if they’re over 18?

This isn’t about how old they are, this is about neighbors blocking the garage.
Thank you! And this idiot doesn't even know if I live with my parents or if they live with me.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
It would be a shame if you found out when your neighbors are asleep, and then suddenly needed to go out right in the middle of that time, and had to call them up and wake them up to come and move their car.
I think about that sometimes, like what if I have an emergency and have to go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting