Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:04 PM

23,540 posts, read 19,289,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Well I know the reviews are bad but I'm in a hurry to get out of my current apt because my lease is soon to be over. I was thinking just because the reviews were bad maybe I would have luck. One person who renteded there said they had no problems
Act in haste, repent in leisure. If you have doubts, look elsewhere.

Last edited by Parnassia; 09-20-2021 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 04:27 PM

3,533 posts, read 1,617,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Act in haste, repent in leisure. If you have doubts, look elsewhere.
thanks its always interesting getting opinions and advice. its better to be safe than sorry.

ya when I am stressed I sometimes do not make the best decisions. the situation in my place I am at now sucks but sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you dont.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:25 PM

178 posts, read 83,404 times
Bad tenants that are evicted for non payment of rent can be very vindictive. In todays world it is never their fault.
Different emails and post bad reviews.

I would go by on a Saturday and try to catch a few people going in or out. Then trust what they say.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:59 PM

661 posts, read 888,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ196 View Post
Bad tenants that are evicted for non payment of rent can be very vindictive. In todays world it is never their fault.
Different emails and post bad reviews.

I would go by on a Saturday and try to catch a few people going in or out. Then trust what they say.
I agree. The best reviews are from the Better Business Bureau. The reviews are investigated.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:41 AM

16,447 posts, read 12,624,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
I agree. The best reviews are from the Better Business Bureau. The reviews are investigated.
I don't know that I would agree with that.

Quote:
A 2015 investigative report from CNNMoney found more than 100 businesses that were not as credible as their BBB ratings of A- or higher made them seem. In fact, many of them were being investigated by the government for fraudulent or other illegal behavior at the time of the reporting.
Quote:
Fortunately for consumers, a number of alternative resources are available. Potential customers looking for ratings and reviews of a business can always turn to online rating sites like Yelp, Angi or Google Reviews.
Can You Trust the Better Business Bureau?

Old 09-21-2021, 06:22 PM

661 posts, read 888,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't know that I would agree with that.

Can You Trust the Better Business Bureau?
What I mean, is that you get more fake reviews from Google, Yelp, etc. than from the BBB. Because every complaint is investigated by the BBB before posting them.
Also the BBB gives you the chance to correct any problem with your business and the customer posting a bad review.
For example, if you have a customer complaining about your Lease Agreement or maybe about refunding a deposit, the BBB contact you first, they send you a letter, you have the chance to respond, and eventually correct the issue with your customer.
With Google, anyone can post a bad review, and is not investigated by Google if this is a fake review. They don't care. They don't care if this customer is genuine. Also there is not way to correct any issue with your customer.
So if you have any issues with a business, take a look at the BBB first.
Business owner here, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting