Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,534,318 times

Advertisements

Fleas really can just hop in, they don't need a ride. If you walked where there were fleas, (anyone elses yard, common public grounds, a dirt road, anywhere really) you can get a flea hitchhiker on your pants.

Bedbugs I'm not so sure on their travel habits. Yard sales? Thrift stores? And I'm sure a ride from anyone who has them, I understand they really snuggle down into any tiny dark places during the day, so they could be in anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,848,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Bedbugs I'm not so sure on their travel habits. Yard sales? Thrift stores? And I'm sure a ride from anyone who has them, I understand they really snuggle down into any tiny dark places during the day, so they could be in anything.
Here you go, from one of many sources (emphasis mine):

"The common bed bug (C. lectularius) prefers to feed on humans, but will feed on mice, rats, bats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and birds, especially chickens and swallows. Pets such as dogs and cats are not a major host for bed bugs.

Bed bugs feed for 5 - 10 minutes at night while the host sleeps, then drop off and crawl to a sheltered crevice where they’ll remain for several days while digesting the meal."

Old 12-19-2011, 02:45 PM

831 posts, read 2,831,009 times
Quote:
Yard sales?
OMG. I never thought about this, I will now look closely when I buy stuff at garage sales. yikes!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
Default You do not have to be "dirty" to have an infestation of bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Dirty homes don't attract bed bugs.
Anyone can get a infestation of many kinds due to many reasons. Your statement is untrue and I am sorry to say a little ignorant as people who have had a bug infestation are not always dirty most times then not their homes are very clean and the infestation was already there or came from an outside source.

Remove Link

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 01-04-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 816 times
you can deduct from the rent... this is not up to your landlord - its az law -
there are 3 reasons and one way to do it properly -

first step of the process -
you need to identify the problem with the house that needs to be fixed -
it could be a "health issue"-
it can be simply that you do not feel comfortable with this identified problem because it makes you feel "unsafe" -
it could be a problem with the house that needs repair that "effects living in the house" -

you need to write up your complaint in a professionally formatted letter
and request this item to be fixed - the letter needs to be sent certified -
your landlord has 10 days to respond - if they do not you have the right to fix the problem and take it out of the rent -

to be able to take it out of the rent -

you need to go to 3 contractors and get written estimates
you need to go with the lowest contractor
you need to give your landlord notice of this when you pay rent along with ll the receipts

this is the proper way to do it ... and you can - if you landlord tell you you cant then you can get help from the az tenants rights asso. or someone just like that - and move out - by legally breaking your lease -

do not tell me i am wrong - because i am not

Old 11-07-2016, 06:21 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,867,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post

do not tell me i am wrong - because i am not
Youre WRONG with digging up a thread that died in 2011 when it was posted.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:56 AM

8,901 posts, read 5,400,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I will not pay because you clog the plumbing or keep a dirty home and attract pest.
Bedbugs have been found in the Waldorf Astoria .......

Old 11-11-2016, 12:34 PM

8,349 posts, read 3,555,715 times
Quote:
Fleas really can just hop in, they don't need a ride. If you walked where there were fleas, (anyone elses yard, common public grounds, a dirt road, anywhere really) you can get a flea hitchhiker on your pants.

You can even get them from library books. Years ago a library was temporarily shut down for bedbugs. Someone who had bedbugs checked out books and the bugs went back to library with the books. Other people were checking out books and infesting their homes with them.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:51 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,854,959 times
Not to revive a dead thread but why are so many people perfectly okay with an "illegal" place until a problem comes about?

I find this quite amusing.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:34 PM

151 posts, read 194,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post

I find this quite amusing.
And so is your name...so tasty sounding .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting