Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 12:45 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4known View Post
I Live in Santa ana California me and my wife and children who are now all over 18 we have been leasing a house for the last 12 years , we have never had any problems with paying rent maybe 5 days late once ortwice if we are 3 days late we get charged 100 dollars any way she came over after we payed this moths rent and said we had too move in 60 days because that is when are lease is up and she has a deer friend whos house had been repod and she could not find a place two stay so she would be moving in here is this legal what can i do
It always amazes me how in this section often times renters seem to think they have more of a right to the house than the person who owns it.

Assuming your not in a lease and are month to month or even if your lease is expiring, the ll doesn't "have" to rent to you even if you were a good tenant. THey own the house and can do what they want with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,453 times
You don't need a license per se to rent homes in Baltimore. You need to register the property as a rental which is a form and $30 a year fee to the city.

As far as the OPs situation, honestly I can't blame her for not wanting to continue on. Even if you are all wonderful tenants, a room by room tenancy is a PITA for most landlords because inevitably someone will move out or break up and the LL is stuck finding a stranger to take over the room.

If you want to make your tenancy more 'desirable' for the LL, offer to have one of the tenants sign a lease for a year or whatever length that is solely responsible for the lease and payments then agree that that person can sublet the rooms out. That way the LL has one person to go after and now it's the tenants' responsibility to fill rooms when people leave and you don't end up with a 45 year old college student roommate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting