Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think the person who lives there had the iron/ironing board because they were trying to keep up appearances. I would bet money that you would not be able to pick her out in a lineup. The thing that screams out to me about this woman's place is that she is obsessive-compulsive. The cigs, the fast food, that computer! Sheesh, maybe she's a regular here on City Data for all we know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 04:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Ugh! Smoking is SO bad for you!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:12 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
With all those pizzas, fast food boxes, cigarettes, sodas and doughnuts it's a wonder she's still alive. I hope they saved kitty from that squalor.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
There was a cat in there???

Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,290 times
I’ve seen cases like this on t.v. Some people have mental break-downs or hardhips in life or whatever and become o.c.d. to where their houses or apartments become unlivable.

Or maybe they’re extreme pack-rats. It’s not normal, probably some kind of psychiatric problem.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,773 times
I used to deliver appliances for Best Buy in Orlando,FL and saw some really nasty places. My helper and I used to rate these places on how bad they were.
One place I'll never forget, is when we delivered a new top of the line washer/dryer to a house that looked normal on outside with a near new Lincoln in driveway.
Inside was different story. Front living room had full trash bags to ceiling and could not get in that room. Kitchen ceiling had leak in it and had completely collasped on counter and still wet and moldy. People just cooked around it.

Laundry room had clothes piled half way up old washer/dryer, so owners went to get scoop shovel and large box to shovel pathway and hundreds of cockroachs scurried up walls.

These people were well dressed and clean and very polite and acted as everything was normal. When we left we had this itching sensation the rest of the day and always compared all other nasty houses to that one as if they were worse or not. Nothing ever beat it though.

It seems that about 1 in 10 houses we delivered too had some major health issues. Glad I don't do that work anymore.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:32 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
With all those pizzas, fast food boxes, cigarettes, sodas and doughnuts it's a wonder she's still alive. I hope they saved kitty from that squalor.
I'm surprised the place hasn't gone up in flames. This is one of the many reasons I will never be a landlord or rent property to anyone. There is a website called survivors of sqaulor that has photos that make the ones in this thread look pale in comparison. They have before and after pics.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
How could you not smell that outside the door?! Nasty!

Anyone spot dead roaches anywhere?

It looks like it was actually a cute little place pre-winehouse wave.
Too bad.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:57 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,381,949 times
We should keep this site on "speed-dial" for people who ask the question, "I'm moving out of state and thinking of renting my house..."

Old 10-05-2008, 04:05 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
Y'know, my mother's apartment looked similar to this. She was schizophrenic and alcoholic, and lived with her alcoholic boyfriend. After she died and her boyfriend was hospitalized, we went to see if we could salvage anything of value. The condition of her place was beyond disgusting. We didn't even know where to start cleaning it!

I hope this woman (I looked at the original thread, and she's a white woman in her mid 40s) gets some serious help. So sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting