Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times

Advertisements

Sometimes reviving an old thread is a good thing. I haven't read this before and find it very interesting.

I wonder what the result was?

I would have suggested pressing criminal charges against the landlord for breaking and entering. She may go to jail if this has happened before and the tenants filed criminal charges. Breaking into someone else's home is a felony!

Moving out with full security deposit is a given.

Breaking in to someone's home can get you shot in the face, and in most states (including Missouri), self-defense against an intruder in your home is not a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Sometimes reviving an old thread is a good thing. I haven't read this before and find it very interesting.
True to an extent but the problem is that when someone resurrects an old thread the person who resurrects it usually hasn't read the thread and the majority who respond don't read it either. Thus the same old same old gets hashed and rehashed just as it was in the preceding several pages. I know, human nature/laziness or whatever but everyone has their pet peeves and this is one of mine!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 8,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forpwacct View Post
what if they cut the chain lock enter without notice .. was not even in er case just to replace and remove a piece of drywall from the wall that had mold?...
ok check it out my place is not dirty i dont smoke i work freakin nights i like my privacy if someone is going to come in in they should at least give me a 72 hr freakin notice right but all i see here is freakin bashing not any help from any1 so please some here tell me where the support and help is?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,281 times
Well, all I know is that the manager can come in at any time and does come in any time. The last time I was very sick and that did not stop them from checking everything again, and again, and again. Too many inspections for me. I am going to have to move I guess, since most of you are telling me I should be thankful for not having any rights because I am a section 8 tenant. I had another inspection today and the manager reminded me how lucky I was and that I am only allowed to live here because I have subsidized housing. I have section 8 alright and I also don't have any rights.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia60 View Post
Well, all I know is that the manager can come in at any time and does come in any time. The last time I was very sick and that did not stop them from checking everything again, and again, and again. Too many inspections for me. I am going to have to move I guess, since most of you are telling me I should be thankful for not having any rights because I am a section 8 tenant. I had another inspection today and the manager reminded me how lucky I was and that I am only allowed to live here because I have subsidized housing. I have section 8 alright and I also don't have any rights.
You're completely misinformed. A Section 8 tenant has exactly the same rights as any other tenant. You'll find your state landlord tenant laws linked in the first "sticky" on this forum and you should read what they say about the LL's right to enter the unit and then follow through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting