Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
So you consider walking around with shoes on "tons of noise" that a copy would do something about?

of course you can walk in your apartment with shoes.
but COMMON SENSE, which most people now a days don't seem to have would be..............

gee, I get home at 11, it is late, I will at least if nothing else take my shoes off so i am not disturbing my downstairs neighbor, since i will be up for a while.

That is just what a nice person with common sense would do.

How would you like it if when you are sleeping they started banging on the ceiling with a broom, just for the fun of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
well i would still walk at night and the op sound like atelier-if.com you came to my door and told me not to walk at night i would laugh at you or if you mad a complaint to me about a tenet walking at night i would laugh at you and ask do you want out of your lease so you could rent or buy a house.

then what I would do if you had that attitude is when I know you are sleeping I would pound beyond belief on the ceiling, your door or ring your bell, so badly that trust me when I tell you, YOU would get the message only but to fast.

you have to sleep sometime, and i will be waiting.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,104 times
OMG, just read the old thread about what you had to go through. Unreal.
It's also unreal that you moved into a new building with all those amenties for $400/month rent. WOW!
Las Vegas is cheap.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:17 PM

584 posts, read 1,935,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
then what I would do if you had that attitude is when I know you are sleeping I would pound beyond belief on the ceiling, your door or ring your bell, so badly that trust me when I tell you, YOU would get the message only but to fast.

you have to sleep sometime, and i will be waiting.
yea if my sounds where every day life sounds i would have the law on my side. you sound line a nut who mommy and daddy told you are special. like i said nobody should have to go to bed when you do or have to stay motionless because it your bed time. every day sound you have to live and deal with a fool blasting the streo at 1 am call the cops but some one walking or useing water deal with it

Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
OMG, just read the old thread about what you had to go through. Unreal.
It's also unreal that you moved into a new building with all those amenties for $400/month rent. WOW!
Las Vegas is cheap.
The link I posted was the horrible place I lived in. It was only $415 a month for a reason. The new apartment I got this month is much more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM

7 posts, read 54,786 times
Quote:
well i would still walk at night and the op sound like atelier-if.com you came to my door and told me not to walk at night i would laugh at you or if you mad a complaint to me about a tenet walking at night i would laugh at you and ask do you want out of your lease so you could rent or buy a house.
It annoys me to no end that some people think it's about telling people not to "walk." Nooo....it's about telling people not to STOMP when they walk. Quite different.

My neighbors upstairs would get "worked up" and get into fights, and then they'd STOMP LOUDLY around and slam things around. It reminded me of a teenage girl flouncing (stamping) out of the room and slamming the door. When the drama was over, they'd go back to walking regular again, which didn't bother me. The STOMPING fests *did* bother me, and other neighbors, and the landlord. The landlord spoke to them, and they are much better now. They know the difference between "walking" and "stomping" and they were told out right, "When you get all worked up, remember that you are waking your neighbors at 2:00 am, etc." That did the trick.

ALSO...another pet peeve of mine...walking upstairs with shoes doesn't make you louder necessarily. I know people who "tip toe" in high heels because they're not too coordinated on them and thus have to be careful not to fall, LOL. Then, when they throw off their shoes, it's THUD-THUD-THUD because they are heel-walkers when barefoot. So, people who naturally stomp (their heel hits the floor hard when they walk) are just as loud if not louder, when they move around their apartment.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,572 times
Question Ceiling Mine Field

I found a great place that could provide me with a first floor (I am disabled) and is great overall EXCEPT my upstairs neighbor. I expected noise (prev experience). But not like this. It sounds like running and walking with boots on, drawers constantly open/close, moving furniture, and thuds (boxes?) and larger (bodies?). Hey, more than norman is no problem, but this is constant for about 8 to 12 hours each day/night (perhaps judo or fung-shui?) . I mentioned it to the management (very emotionally, I hadn't slept all night). I lost a job interview because I was so groggy that I did not trust myself behind the wheel. They said they could speak to him, but I was the new kid on the block so I said I would try tolerating it on my own. They did suggest earplugs, MP3, etc. I mentioned these might work, but about 5 times during each night loud booms and dragging still woke me up.

A week or so later I mentioned that nothing had changed, but I would try taking Ambien (sometimes more than one every night) to help me sleep while wearing earplugs. Again, I tried to be nice and not demand a management repremand of the neighbor (fearing reprecusions, etc.). My doctor was not too pleased about me taking more medication to what I was already taking. Days are miserable, but nights are terrors.

About a week ago I requested one of the management personnel visit my apartment in the afternoon, but of course, not much noise. Ain't that always the way? I am slowly furnishing ($)the place and the bedroom and den were done, but the living room only had lots of boxes. She said it was obvious that the noise was magnified with an echo because I didn't have enough furniture! I had to hold back the opinion I had of her theory, BS, and said "oooooohhhhh I see." I still hear the same crap in all the other rooms.

I am trying to find where the lease requires me to:
Wear earplugs, listen to music using earbuds, take extra drugs, and obtain the "adeqate" amount of furnishings so I can finally enjoy my surroundings/apt for which I pay hundreds of dollars each month...I think I have over-accomodated the recluse tenant above.

I am starting a new job this week and am on call occasionally and need to hear my phone without being in a deaf and drug-induced stupor. If you haven't guessed already, I am also a writer but that has been shot in the butt since I moved here...(sorry for the venting of TMI).

I really like the place and suggested a "transfer", no way, it violates the lease. I am beginning to think this apt/neighbor has a history...

Help! Any suggestions?

Last edited by bookamoto; 03-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: not sure how to send it

Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,572 times
Las Vegas Drunk, I feel your pain...and mine. I hope I learn how to do this.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:00 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The link I posted was the horrible place I lived in. It was only $415 a month for a reason. The new apartment I got this month is much more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
$415/mo rent is unreal in my area & probably the whole state...unless maybe it's the rent for a tiny, not up to code room in a house in the worst part of town w/ roaches up to wazoo.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
folks you are in a rental apt walking is every day living sounds. they can not tell some one to tip toe or no shoes on after such a time. get over yourself ok. if i come in from work at 11 pm i am going to shower cook then clean up the dishes. i will be as nice as i can when doing so but if the water is too loud for you to bad i am sure a cop would say the same to you
you can do all that stuff, but when it comes to moving furniture and stomping on the floors all night long, that becomes a problem, and if you do not have enough common sense or class to know the difference, only then will you get what you deserve

*******sticks tongue out******
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting