Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Are you seriously this bat**** crazy or do you just act that way?
Obviously you've never experienced a problem in this area? Where reality conflicted with theory?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You do realize that what is supposed to happen according to law, and what actually happens in real life are two different things, right?
Unlike you I wasn't born yesterday and haven't led the ascetic and untraveled life which is your preference and which seems to lead you to pop up with trite sayings you seem to think are uniquely profound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Are you seriously this bat**** crazy or do you just act that way?
I believe he thinks he's being profound (see above).

Quote:
Obviously you've never experienced a problem in this area? Where reality conflicted with theory?

Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
STT Resident, you've obviously lived a very limited life.

Deal with some of the things I have, then come back to me.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
STT Resident, you've obviously lived a very limited life.

Deal with some of the things I have, then come back to me.
I didn't spot this bon mot until this morning and I have to thank you for affording me the biggest chuckle of the week if not the year, probably even the decade and possibly even the last half century.

I'm not leveling a "personal attack" against you, simply questioning the responses you give on a rental forum where people are looking for practical advice and are led by others to links to local LL/tenant laws. You never fail to come up with your own philosophy about landlord/tenant issues which bear no relationship to standard LL/tenant laws. You can argue 'til the cows come home, it makes no difference. Your opinion is your opinion but has no legal merit even though you persist in arguing otherwise. Obviously this point hasn't escaped the majority of posters who respond on this forum ...

Oh, and by the way, your sending me a silly direct message one-liner to which I'll refrain from responding to doesn't mean you have the last word which is something it seems necessary for you to achieve.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I didn't spot this bon mot until this morning and I have to thank you for affording me the biggest chuckle of the week if not the year, probably even the decade and possibly even the last half century.

I'm not leveling a "personal attack" against you, simply questioning the responses you give on a rental forum where people are looking for practical advice and are led by others to links to local LL/tenant laws. You never fail to come up with your own philosophy about landlord/tenant issues which bear no relationship to standard LL/tenant laws. You can argue 'til the cows come home, it makes no difference. Your opinion is your opinion but has no legal merit even though you persist in arguing otherwise. Obviously this point hasn't escaped the majority of posters who respond on this forum ...

Oh, and by the way, your sending me a silly direct message one-liner to which I'll refrain from responding to doesn't mean you have the last word which is something it seems necessary for you to achieve.
I am standing here clapping for you, you couldn't have said it better.
I too have received, I'm sure, dumb comments from him via DM as well, and chose not to even read them. Gotta love a delete button.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 PM

33 posts, read 20,459 times
I've had the cops tell me I had to leave a place--and there was no eviction order. I was simply trespassed from the property by the owner. The owner, who has the keys to the place, has full rights and responsibilities over their place.

You can't have it both ways--it's your property because you live there, but it's NOT your property when something breaks. One or the other--it's either your property or it's not. Big hint--it's not.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
I've had the cops tell me I had to leave a place--and there was no eviction order. I was simply trespassed from the property by the owner. The owner, who has the keys to the place, has full rights and responsibilities over their place.

You can't have it both ways--it's your property because you live there, but it's NOT your property when something breaks. One or the other--it's either your property or it's not. Big hint--it's not.
TKramar has a new user name I see.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Who?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:51 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
That's right, play stupid.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:03 PM

I don't have to play, hermano. I don't know the guy, I don't even live in the same state as the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting