Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times

Advertisements

oh so if your neighbor parked right in front of your house because his other 2 vehicles were parked in front of his and the other 2 were parked in his driveway; and neither you nor any guests you have could park near your house-you would be cool with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
I dunno if I would appreciate another neighbor telling me where I can park, unless Im in their driveway. Ultrarunners idea, is actually a great one! You arent confronting them, you are kinda reversing the situation on the neighbor. Who would probably be more open, if he undestood the inconvenience that it has brought upon you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I would just say something. I would also put in the fake fact that you have almost hit his car a number of times trying to get out of your driveway and just strait up say "please dont" about the late night guests in front of your house.

And never ever move to L.A. you will kill yourself trying to get around the crap parking in residential streets. LOL

Old 11-16-2008, 04:20 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
oh so if your neighbor parked right in front of your house because his other 2 vehicles were parked in front of his and the other 2 were parked in his driveway; and neither you nor any guests you have could park near your house-you would be cool with that?
No. But the law might say its legal. I have the same problem. Only worse. We have people who park their cars in front for use at a park 2 blocks away. And 1/2 mile down the street is a facility for wedding receptions, and we get overflow parking for that. And we also get beach parking. And then there is the airport parking. It seems parking at the airport several miles away is expensive. It's cheaper to park on our street, have someone pick them up and take them to the airport. All they get is a $35.00 ticket on street cleaning day. Etc., etc., etc.

Not fun at all. But the law allows it.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:38 PM

91 posts, read 294,829 times
You can get more bees with honey....Same situtation here...no room in the garage, we had 3-4 cars total when children reached late teen years. We just pulled up in front and parked. It never entered my mind that we might be blocking someones sidewalk that led to the street, until and elderly neighbor asked if we could park back a little futher as not to block her sidewalk. I was sorry that I had never given this a thought and was happy to comply. To this day when I park somewere I am now very aware of this and stay back from sidewalks.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,796 times
Default Drive way parking, in East Oakland

Can someone park really close to you drive way ? Even thought they are not exactly blocking your driveway ? I struggle all the time because my neighbor always has people over and they park in their driveway but very close to mine, that i might hit my car with the neighbors friends . Is there someone i can call

Old 08-01-2014, 11:33 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola5150 View Post
Can someone park really close to you drive way ? Even thought they are not exactly blocking your driveway ? I struggle all the time because my neighbor always has people over and they park in their driveway but very close to mine, that i might hit my car with the neighbors friends . Is there someone i can call
You call whatever agency in your municipality that handles parking enforcement and ask them. Parking ordinances on local streets are generally a local municiplaity matter. As such, regulations vary city to city, town to town and village to village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting