Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,318 times

Advertisements

Would like input. The complex where I reside is in renovation, FINALLY after 2 yrs. of letters with no action.Many tenants have chosen to move on.I am trying to stay for the long haul, 3 bdrm, 1.5 bath,townhouse great rental price.However burglaries have since occured, I have been a victim of this myself. I`ve written a letter as told by the complex manager, requesting to be relocated upon request, because their intent is to keep us in the same vacinity that we are in.That was not the case in the beginning. I have not yet received a response it has only been 1 week. My concern is my safety and comfort, these burglaries occur when everyone is at work, I live in a working community.I`ve since started looking elsewhere, but we know this can be a process. Lease is up at the end of this month.Could you offer proper advice for this ASAP situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 03:50 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
Increase the secirity of your unit or move. Do you work during the day whem most others do? Is the complex mostly vacant? what kind of alternatives do you find when looking to move? cheaper, same or more expensive? can you afford to move and maintain your standard of living?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,381,340 times
I would think of moving somewhere else after leaving an application for re-renting upon completion of renovations. If you're a good tenant now, your landlord will save money by not having to check your references and credit, or take a chance on someone with no rental history. Check back often to see when you can move back in. As for security, he is only responsible to do the minimum. Any good burglar can bypass the best security system, so the landlord isn't liable for your loss if he has simply installed locks. Or... rent a storage unit and put valuables in there, leaving nothing worth stealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting