Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 AM

253 posts, read 803,265 times

Advertisements

forgot the foster lady, who on weekends, lets all the foster kids she cares for use our yards down here in the culdesac as her own private playground....we woke up one morning to screaming outside our window...went outside, and we had about 10 kids, using out basketball hoop, banging basketballs into out vehicals, and in our back yard riding our kids bikes, battery operated 4 wheeler and playing in our sand box!!!! while she was sitting in our front yard in our lawn chair under our tree!!!!
we asked her what she thought she was doing, and she said its safer for them to play down here due to being a culdesac, and that they wasnt hurting anything!!!! we told her they was in our yard with our stuff, denting our cars, etc, and she just shrugged her shoulders, said they was foster kids, and we should be kinder!!!!!!
omg.....i feel for the kids, but she has her own yard, and it was just plain ride of her!!!!! there...thats my crappy neighbor stories....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,144,696 times
Remember the Golden Rule.
Be noisy unto others as they are noisy unto you.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 PM

Default lmao....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Remember the Golden Rule.
Be noisy unto others as they are noisy unto you.
does this mean I can let y 7 yr old start pee'n in their yard???? lmao
just kidding...maybe...ok, i know, wouldnt set good example, maybe i will just get a pet elephant and let it poop in their yard....roflmao
I agree thou, I think in some cases, when talking or pointing out bad manners does no good, maybe ya have to return the favor a little, but that usually just means more comen back at ya....but...for those with most complaints, call call call your landlords or police if needbe...there is such laws called "distubing the peace"(my hubby is retired cop) and thou they may not like it, they got to respond, and maybe the offender and landlord will get tired of their visits and stop.
also, there is laws to protect tenants, if you can show proff of landlord not easing the problem, such as certified letters, recordings of noise, etc, you can then call your local/state houseing board and file a complaint agaisnt landlord, if they dont then fix the issue, you can legally be released of your lease. but this gets touchy in regards to apartments, as everyone knows, its a given, apts mean noise. but extreme noise is reason to try. hope everyone has a good day...and a peacefull night.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,022,255 times
I totally forgot this... What about SEX... Oh my, there is nothing worse then hearing your neighbors screaming and making all types of sounds and you cant do ANYTHING about it except turn on the radio or make the T.V louder...

It's so strange, sex is always good for you but when you hear other people doing it; well you rather not hear it....lol

Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,064,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Something doesn't sound right.

Are we talking about a "Lease Agreement" and your moving would create a "Breach of Contract"?
If she moved, then she would have to rent from someone else.. at market rate. Los Angeles rent control only covers existing tenants, not new ones. East Palo Alto in the northern part of the state has strict rent control - anyone who moves in after you will pay the same as you did.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,360,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
If she moved, then she would have to rent from someone else.. at market rate. Los Angeles rent control only covers existing tenants, not new ones. East Palo Alto in the northern part of the state has strict rent control - anyone who moves in after you will pay the same as you did.
Ok, I see what your saying.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:57 AM

Default roflmao!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I totally forgot this... What about SEX... Oh my, there is nothing worse then hearing your neighbors screaming and making all types of sounds and you cant do ANYTHING about it except turn on the radio or make the T.V louder...

It's so strange, sex is always good for you but when you hear other people doing it; well you rather not hear it....lol
This reminds me of when we loved on military base, housing was townhouse style, hooked together....OMG...ya knew when tdy was over...you "knew" your neighbers before you "knew" your neighbors if ya know what i mean.....lol
omg....the stories i could tell......lol
not to mention the one neighbor who figured out her baby monitor picked up neighbors phone calls, we all wondered how she didnt talk to no body really, but knew ALL our buisness....it didnt take long for us all to figure it out....so we all got together and talked about her, or had explicit phone sex with our spouses for days...hehehehehe..needless to say, we knew she heard it on monitor...cuz from that day on....she turned red and walked away....heheheheh
seriously folks....watch out for those baby monitors!!!!! and hey....do like we all did....make some popcorn, prop up in bed when its going on...and LAUGH your butt off and make fun of the noise.....its a barrel of fun to get over the awkwardness of it....lol

Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,996,827 times
Here's an idea: noise reducing headphones. Like the ones people use to protect their hearing while they're using very loud machinery or equipment?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,784,142 times
Quote:
Same goes for taking a dump.....

Old 02-22-2009, 08:28 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,967,294 times
Quote:

Oh I so agree we used to live in an apt complex and the people next door like clockwork 3 am every morning we would hear their headboard hit the wall on our side and then we would hear "Oooh AHHH " I was never so glad to move in all my life . jeeze some people dont know how to act .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting