Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times

Advertisements

The OP wants to break her lease for a reason that really has nothing to do with the military. Hubby wasn't stationed in another city, he just wants to live in another city now that he is home. Therefore, no military clauses apply.

This is a lease break situation, not a military situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughnomore View Post
Idk really if there is a military clause in the lease but im pretty sure theres not... my name is the primary on the lease and i have a room mate thats been doing drugs around the kids with out my knowledge well i found out yesterday and left she can keep the apartment i dont care but i cant live there with her any longer not after finding out shes had drugs around the kids... my husband is in the army and just got back from deployment so im planning on moveing to colorado to be with him but i dont know how to go about getting out of my lease... any advise would be very helpful... im completely lost and i know i cant stay there anymore

thanks for the help in advance
There are good answer but I tell you what I told my Soldiers, go to JAG and have them see your contract, tell the situation and see what they tell you, take care.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,193 times
Living in AZ my wife is the only one on the lease, she is however on my orders, can she get out of her lease early?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsend55 View Post
Living in AZ my wife is the only one on the lease, she is however on my orders, can she get out of her lease early?
If you read through this thread I think you'll find the information you need or where exactly to find it.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:14 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,279,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I thought I post what my State has published regarding military renters...

Special Rules for Tenants in the Military: A servicemember may terminate (end) a lease any time after entering the military or after the date of the member's military orders. This right applies to a tenant who joins the military after signing a lease, and to a servicemember who signs a lease and then receives orders for a change of permanent station or deployment for at least 90 days.

The servicemember must give the landlord or the landlord's agent written notice of termination and a copy of the orders. The servicemember may personally deliver the notice to the landlord or agent, send the notice by private delivery service (such as FedEx or UPS), or send it by certified mail with return receipt requested. Proper termination relieves a servicemember's dependent, such as a spouse or child, of any obligation under the lease.

When rent is paid monthly, termination takes effect 30 days after the next rent due date that follows delivery of the notice. Rent must be paid on a prorated basis up to the date that the termination takes effect. If rent or lease amounts have been paid in advance for the period following the effective date of termination, the landlord must refund these amounts within 30 days after the effective date.

For additional reading: California Tenants - California Department of Consumer Affairs
This a great summary that might apply. Contact your base for confirmation.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:32 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Anyone can get out of their lease early but not without paying for any damages that result. i.e. rent until the landlord can find a new tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting