Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,582 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a single mother of a 3 year old, recently I have had to move back to my parents house and sleep on their couch until I find a place to live. The reason for that is because I had a 3 bedroom apartment (only in my name) and lived with a "friend" and my boyfriend at the time, me and my boyfriend broke up and he moved out leaving me and my roomate with the bills. When it came rent time my roomate didnt have her half of the rent and gave me the run around day after day until finally on the 21st she decided to say she wasnt going to have it, and moved out the same night. I had already put down $300.00 to save the apartment and signed a paper saying I was going to pay the rest on a certain date, I didnt have the money to pay it, and the next months rent came along so i was 2 months in debt with $400.00 worth of late fees and reconnection fees. I couldnt handle 1700.00 by myself in one week being a single mom and not getting any help such as child support of any other government help. I work a full time job and I make pretty good money. I am looking to rent a 2 bedroom house, or a decent trailor, or even if an apartment would accept me. Im not looking to pay more then 700.00 a month. If anyone out there knows of any decent places for rent that would rent to someone with an eviction, PLEASE let me know. I need to get out of my parents house ASAP, and have a home for me and my daughter. Thank you and God bless.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,379,501 times
In Orlando? I'd start looking at buying a mobile home and renting a space in a park. Many parks have used homes already set up for sale. Since there's equity at stake, you'll be less of a risk to the park. Most have clauses that say you can't move the trailer while there's outstanding debt, especially if it's a rent-to-own. Anyway, your already aware that you'll never see your money owed by boyfriends and roommates again. Lesson learned. What kind of man moves into his girlfriend's house? The words parasite and freeloader come to mind. You deserve better!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

yeah I'm deffinatly not looking into buying anything at the moment, I'm just looking for a place to rent and maybe think about buying something later on down the road when I have the money for it. But yeah, he is deffinatly a low life, but like you said "lesson learned"

Old 05-28-2009, 12:33 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Sorry to say, but you don't seem to be able to live on your own...You don't get any support from the kids daddy. Than you have already moved in and out with another boyfriend and your kid is only 3...than another friend scam's you as you stated....tell me are you even capable of taking care of your kid and living on your own? maybe you should be grateful that your parents want to help you out!

the other thing is you don't even mention what part of orlando you are looking for a place...this comes all across to me like you being a person not capable of living on your own and taking responsibilities....to me you wouldn't be a candidate to rent, you already didn't pay at one place, maybe not all your fault but your are partly responsible....sorry that I can't put it any other way, but i wish you good luck!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:12 PM

901 posts, read 2,986,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyahsmommy1 View Post
Hi, I am a single mother of a 3 year old, recently I have had to move back to my parents house and sleep on their couch until I find a place to live. The reason for that is because I had a 3 bedroom apartment (only in my name) and lived with a "friend" and my boyfriend at the time, me and my boyfriend broke up and he moved out leaving me and my roomate with the bills. When it came rent time my roomate didnt have her half of the rent and gave me the run around day after day until finally on the 21st she decided to say she wasnt going to have it, and moved out the same night. I had already put down $300.00 to save the apartment and signed a paper saying I was going to pay the rest on a certain date, I didnt have the money to pay it, and the next months rent came along so i was 2 months in debt with $400.00 worth of late fees and reconnection fees. I couldnt handle 1700.00 by myself in one week being a single mom and not getting any help such as child support of any other government help. I work a full time job and I make pretty good money. I am looking to rent a 2 bedroom house, or a decent trailor, or even if an apartment would accept me. Im not looking to pay more then 700.00 a month. If anyone out there knows of any decent places for rent that would rent to someone with an eviction, PLEASE let me know. I need to get out of my parents house ASAP, and have a home for me and my daughter. Thank you and God bless.
It sounds like you need to take time and stay with your parents a while. You say that you make good money, but cannot afford more than $700. I'm not familiar with Orlando, but is that even possible? Since your child is so young, you could probably get a one bedroom for a while. Good luck. My mother told me never to rent a place with someone if you can't afford to live without them. It's good advice. My BF and I are thinking about moving together. If we do move, I'll make sure that I can swing the rent if we break up. You need to protect yourself and your child.

P.S. Why aren't you getting any child support? That should be a top priority.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 PM

Ok first of all, I CAN pay my rent..i didnt expect my roomate which had been my friend since i was 2 years old to do me wrong like this so I didn't think I would need to cover her half of the rent. By the time she told me she was moving out it was time for the next months rent. I make VERY good money now, but at the time I had just started my new job, so it was hard to pay 1700 in 2 weeks. And I dont need any help from her father, I've been doing it on my own since she as born. And it's none of your business about me having a boyfriend in and out of her life when shes "just 3 years old" And i can take care of my daughter and live on my own, ive lived on my own pretty much her whole life except for when she was first born, and i was 17 when i had her, so to be out of your parents house living on your own, with a baby, working full time at 17 is a damn good mother that can take care of her own. I didnt come on here to get bashed or for you to make up things that arent even true, I came to get help...I slipped off for a minute, but I'm back on now.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Ok first of all, I CAN pay my rent..i didnt expect my roomate which had been my friend since i was 2 years old to do me wrong like this so I didn't think I would need to cover her half of the rent. By the time she told me she was moving out it was time for the next months rent. I make VERY good money now, but at the time I had just started my new job, so it was hard to pay 1700 in 2 weeks. And I dont need any help from her father, I've been doing it on my own since she as born. And it's none of your business about me having a boyfriend in and out of her life when shes "just 3 years old" And i can take care of my daughter and live on my own, ive lived on my own pretty much her whole life except for when she was first born, and i was 17 when i had her, so to be out of your parents house living on your own, with a baby, working full time at 17 is a damn good mother that can take care of her own. I didnt come on here to get bashed or for you to make up things that arent even true, I came to get help...I slipped off for a minute, but I'm back on now.
You just came here to get a pat on the back for being 17 and being knocked up...not able to pay rent, no daddy who wants to support you financialy (do you know who the babies daddy is?), having another boy friend who left you and G.. knows if there were more boy friends and you are only 20 now!

Don't tell me if I have to give you a compliment or if I can maybe give you some wise advise that you obviously never took from other people otherwise you wouldn't sit sleep on your parents couch and have a 3 year old kid!

Stop whining and take responsibility...you stated you couldn't afford the rent and were more or less evicted and maybe you weren't the only one at fault, but you were part of it and for sure you have shown not being able to take wise decisions. Be grateful your parents let you stay at their house.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:55 AM

901 posts, read 2,986,784 times
No one bashed you. I couldn't care less about your bfs. You're saying you can only afford $700 for rent, but don't want child support that can hep you? That doesn't make sense to me. Whatever, good luck.

P.S. I stand by my (mother's)advice that you should not move in with a SO if you can't cover their portion of the rent by yourself.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
And I dont need any help from her father, I've been doing it on my own since she as born.
Child support isn't about YOU and isn't FOR you. The child support laws were designed to benefit THE CHILD, something which apparently you choose to deny your child.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 AM

573 posts, read 1,689,426 times
Ok....since you don't say where in Orlando and you don't want any negative comments, I'll put it like this.

I manage properties around downtown Orlando. While the rental market here is going down in price, you're not going to find anything decent that is 2 bedrooms or more for $700. Unless you want to live in the hood.

If you are making really good money as you say, you can probably afford more rent. I don't make a huge salary but I can make a mortgage that is a lot more than $700. It's all about priorities.

Now, like STT said, that child support has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with your child. Think about it, it may make your situation a lot easier.

Good luck.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting