Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,752 times

Advertisements

I live in an apartmant with 3 other people. I have been living there for 3 years. This apartmant legally on one of the tenant name. So me and the two other tenant who lives in this apartmant does not have their name on the leash. The landlord does not allow me to put my name on the leash. She does not say why. And 2 days ago she said that I have to leave this apartmant, but the other tanats can stay.
we are late with the rent fee for 2 months. my girlfriend lives in the same building, and the landlord said that I can not move there.
Is this consider to be a discrimination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:10 PM

2,071 posts, read 11,996,650 times
It does not sound like discrimination, Let me understand - you have not paid the rent for 2 months?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:10 PM

850 posts, read 4,730,689 times
No discrimination....you're not paying rent on time, so she likely doesn't want you as a tenant. The landlord has every right to not want to enter into a lease with you and to ask you to leave if they'd like. She's completely within her rights.

What makes you think it's discrimination?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,005,182 times
The way I read the OP, there are a total of 4 people in the apartment, three of whom probably shouldn't be there. Person A is on the lease. Persons B, C and D are not. The OP is Person D and has lived in the apartment for 3 years, apparently as some sort of guest.

The rent has not been paid in 2 months. I would assume that's Person A's responsibility. Since Persons B, C and D aren't on the lease, I'd imagine they aren't legally responsible for the rent payment.

The landlord has asked Person D to leave but has given no reason. The landlord has NOT asked Persons B and C to leave. From the facts presented, it looks like the landlord has not even asked Person A to leave. Just Person D. Person D has another friend (girlfriend) who also lives in the building. Landlord has said to Person D, no, you can't move in with your girlfriend. YOU, Person D, are not wanted in this building, period.

That's why Person D is asking whether this is some sort of discrimination.

From the facts presented in the OP, I have no idea what discrimination basis Person D is claiming. Race? Gender? Sexual orientation? Age? I think Person D wants clarification as to why s/he was singled out and asked to leave whereas Persons B and C weren't and thinking perhaps discrimination played some part.

Of course, I could be reading the whole original post incorrectly .

Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,854,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
The way I read the OP, there are a total of 4 people in the apartment, three of whom probably shouldn't be there. Person A is on the lease. Persons B, C and D are not. The OP is Person D and has lived in the apartment for 3 years, apparently as some sort of guest.

The rent has not been paid in 2 months. I would assume that's Person A's responsibility. Since Persons B, C and D aren't on the lease, I'd imagine they aren't legally responsible for the rent payment.

The landlord has asked Person D to leave but has given no reason. The landlord has NOT asked Persons B and C to leave. From the facts presented, it looks like the landlord has not even asked Person A to leave. Just Person D. Person D has another friend (girlfriend) who also lives in the building. Landlord has said to Person D, no, you can't move in with your girlfriend. YOU, Person D, are not wanted in this building, period.

That's why Person D is asking whether this is some sort of discrimination.

From the facts presented in the OP, I have no idea what discrimination basis Person D is claiming. Race? Gender? Sexual orientation? Age? I think Person D wants clarification as to why s/he was singled out and asked to leave whereas Persons B and C weren't and thinking perhaps discrimination played some part.

Of course, I could be reading the whole original post incorrectly .
I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head...

Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,764,370 times
Look at this way be happy your landlord is an idiot the evection should have started the day the rent was not paid. Get of your woe is me; I’m being discriminated against stop feeling sorry for yourself grow up and be happy you were not kicked out 6 weeks ago.:sma ck:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting