Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM

912 posts, read 5,258,613 times

Advertisements

We have the same situation on our street, although I don't know if they are licensed or not. Except that the people who live on our block are the nicest people you could imagine and they make excellent neighbors. Either way....

I hate to be the odd-man out on this thread, but I'm not sure we are getting both sides of the story.

Generally the police get quite involved when it involved arson. That is a SERIOUS crime.

There are two sentences that rose red-flags to me...

Quote:
We have made dozens of attempts to have something done about this through several state departments (human services, licensing, recipient rights), county departments (county mental health, county prosecutor's office), local departments (police, fire, twp. supervisor, building and zoning) and elected state officals (speaker of the house and attorney general) but are still finding ourselves to be out of luck.
You sound to me like that neighbor who makes a HUGE deal out of stuff, generally adding quite a bit of color (exaggeration) to the story. I mean.. TWO attempts at arson and the police didn't bother????

Quote:
which has resulted in several attempts to approach me as while I am alone.
OH DEAR LORD!! ONE OF THEM....... ONE OF THEM THERE RETARDS TRIED TALKING TO ME!!!!!! IN PUBLIC!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!!

Again, I'm probably coming off as a douche here, but I'm just pointing out the feeling I got off your message, not so much as offering help/advice. I sure do hope you resolve this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Hope y'all realize this was originally posted about 4 years ago and a newbie to City Data came across it and responded and now it's stoked up but had to be long ago resolved. Look at the dates on posts before responding!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM

155 posts, read 564,139 times
Not all group homes set fires to other peoples homes. It sound like an individual problem,

Many homeowners set fire to their own home, many homeowners do not take care of their properties,

Yes I know a college kid throw a sparkler on the bed at a dog and set the property on fire, his parents insurance later paid for the damage...

Only fire in 50 years of renting properties.

Group homes and college rentals are a lot less problem than working class rentals, who seem to get laid off file bankruptcy every time you turn around.

Again this seems like a problem you could be having with any neighbor or person with kids, we have many who do not pay their bills and refuse to work in this country., who ignore responsibilities.

All property values are reflected by the group neighborhood by the way they take care of their properties, and local Government...

Food for Thought.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 617 times
What you need to do is call a news station and let them know what you have been going through and see if they can't assist you with your situation.

Your City Council, your local Sentor, should be looking into this and code enforcement. I would be calling the state everyday and they would know my voice.

If no one is not hearing your cry, I wonder if this was a back door deal and people keep turning a death ear with you and your family.

Go to the Hall of Record and find out how the home owner is and send him a certerfied letter. Keep calling the governor's office all the way down.

Don't give up, you want to be able to enjoy your home!

Old 09-13-2014, 11:54 PM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times
the group home may be the easy blame. it may be a so called healthy neighbor or their so called normal kid that felt they have been wronged by you. but it is easier to blame the home. with all the agencies listed and investigation all most me inorder for this house.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapj4u View Post
What you need to do is call a news station and let them know what you have been going through and see if they can't assist you with your situation.
What you might want to do is check the dates on threads before responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting