Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,318 times

Advertisements

Thanks, I truly appreciate everyone's advice. It's been so long since I had to deal with anything like this and I don't even have any friends to help out or anything (the people I mentioned suck at life more than I do). The last time I had to move it was from an apartment that cost $350 to one that cost $450 and I was able to ask for and recieve a hefty raise from a thriving company.

Storage is still number one priority. Most of the stuff cannot be sold. They are personally recorded audio and video projects with no commercial value. Not just money but basically every waking free moment invested (wasted?) in the last over a decade. So..., not ready to completely abandon it. Obviously I should have started dealing with this years ago rather than shutting myself in and ramping up the activity.

Going to look into the downtown LA wino hotels and living with the folks - which is 60 miles away from work with no car (but if the job doesn't pay the bills it's no longer important). And my stepdad is a major alcholic. I can avoid drinking when I am keeping busy but up until a few years ago we used to have some really wild times together. In a way I am looking forward to it though I know it's going to **** my mom off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM

804 posts, read 2,892,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Sounds as though, despite good advice, you've already made up your mind to do things entirely the wrong way, so guess you'll have to live with the consequences. A court proceeding and judgement against you will follow you and potentially make it VERY difficult to obtain another rental in the future and can also spill over into many other areas via a bad credit report. Good luck.
I wonder why some people ask what to do when they have obviously already made up their mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So you're admitting that you're a deadbeat. Way to go. Stiff someone else for your financial responsibilities, because of course if you CAN do it, it's "okay". Good god, people who don't take responsibility for themselves are annoying.

It sure sounds like people like him are the problem with renting houses. I upfront told our tenants to let us know of any problems and we can work with them. If one of our tenants acted like he is I would be evicting them asap.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,406 times
had a quick question reagrding the leasing issue. After moving out from an apartment we came to know that the leasing office make us a fine which is almost 800$ but we are not responsible for all of these. When we went to talk about the total money, they are saying that the date has passed and it is in collection agency and they will collect that money. Now is there any way that I can argue with the collection agency about the total amount of money? Please suggest.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,406 times
had a quick question reagrding the leasing issue. After moving out from an apartment we came to know that the leasing office make us a fine which is almost 800$ but we are not responsible for all of these. When we went to talk about the total money, they are saying that the date has passed and it is in collection agency and they will collect that money. Now is there any way that I can argue with the collection agency about the total amount of money? Please suggest.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM

804 posts, read 2,892,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prothom View Post
If you want the question answered I would start your own thread..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting