Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,499,902 times

Advertisements

What is it about the dog that requires so much time? My apologies for calling you selfish,
I pet sit once in a while myself. I didn't see the big deal, on the other hand its wrong for him
to expect it. He probably can't get anyone else to watch a dog that requires so much time,
seriously, how does the guy deal with it, don't get me wrong I love pets, but come on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
Hey now, how he talks to me has little reflection on my overall attitude and/or willingness to do his dirty work. Like I said, I'm not pleased with this situation and in no way have I succumbed/agreed to his request. I was simply venting my frustrations. As a matter of fact, I don't plan on watching his dog at the end of the month, because it is simply not convenient for me.

Bottom line, I'm guessing he talks to everybody like this (in fact, I've heard from some of our mutual co-workers that he talks to them in the same manner). Just because his words are directed towards you doesn't mean you're his b****. Succumbing to his every demand would qualify you as his b****.

Last edited by virgode; 11-05-2009 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: typing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM

691 posts, read 2,325,572 times
Just tell him you can't baby tend the dog. You have a life, that does not include taking care of a dog. If he goes out of town, he will have to find a board the dog at a kennel.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:53 PM

2,714 posts, read 5,348,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
When it comes to watching his dog, all I have to say is no.
Once again, well? When he said:

Quote:
"So I guess my company's going to want me to fly out to headquarters again at the end of the month. You enjoyed watching my dog last time, right? You guys got some quality bonding time. So, you won't mind watching him for me again, right?"
What did you say?

What was your contribution in the above "exchange"? Why all the drama? Just say to the guy "Sorry dude, but I don't want to be responsible for your dog while you are out of town. You'll have to call a dog sitting/walking service."

Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,173,218 times
Tell him that you have made plans and he needs to board the dog.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,933,224 times
One time a friend asked me to take care of her dog for the weekend. I was happy to help but when she called to say she was extending her trip and would I keep the dog for another full well I said No I couldn't and she would either have to come on home or I would put the dog in the boarding kennel. She got all huffy and said I wasn't her true friend, this trip was important, etc but she would see what she could do. She was supposed to be home Sunday night by 6 p.m. When I did not hear from her by Monday morning i took the dog to the kennell, went to her apartment and left a note on her door where the dog was.
She didn't call me or come home till Friday night just assuming I would take the bait and keep the dog. She was furious, called me all sorts of names and had a dog boarding bill to deal with. The friendship was definitely adversely affected by this episode but it told me volumes about the kind of person she was and I didn't feel I lost much of a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting