Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

I would not wall to wall carpet it because when you move you will probably have to rip it up and then you will have all the staple marks from the padding and the carpet tacks around the perimiter of the room which will make holes in the floor. Since it is a rental, like all the posters said, get area rugs, you can put soft padding under them, plus when you move you can either take them with you or easily throw them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
Ugh, and we are renting a place with carpet... I despise carpet!

Go with the area rugs.

How did that happen?

The beauty of renting is like shopping... don't buy until you find what you're looking for.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
How did that happen?

The beauty of renting is like shopping... don't buy until you find what you're looking for.
You are right... We made the choice to look for a cheapish rent so that we could save money. This is a three-family home in a quiet area, but it does not have the amenities that a complex would have. Since there are quite a few rentals available in our area with pools and yards and gyms included, we lucked out and found a cheaper one that happens to have wall to wall carpeting. I can live with carpeting that I don't like for a couple of years to save a couple extra hundred dollars a month towards a down payment on a house.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
You are right... We made the choice to look for a cheapish rent so that we could save money. This is a three-family home in a quiet area, but it does not have the amenities that a complex would have. Since there are quite a few rentals available in our area with pools and yards and gyms included, we lucked out and found a cheaper one that happens to have wall to wall carpeting. I can live with carpeting that I don't like for a couple of years to save a couple extra hundred dollars a month towards a down payment on a house.
Sounds like a plan...

Old 02-16-2010, 01:24 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
I'm also one that loves hardwood floors, has them now and is not looking forward to moving to a carpeted place. I also say buy the rugs, then you can take them with you.

I cringe at the thought of trying to keep carpet clean. Especially with a dog that keeps having accidents.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting