Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprovider*mrruiz View Post
that sucks. im trying to get my mom out of my house she has been living with me for 9 months. i am only 27 years old i am her oldest kid none of my other brothers or sister are willing to take her out of my hands, she is 46 years old job less cause she is illegal to be in the u.s. she is very aggressive and possesive. i am a u.s citizen and i wanted to help her out for a bit cause she is my mom but i made a terrible mistake and now i asked her to leave because we keep having arguments and makes threaths to hit me and she wants me to hit her so she can put me in jail and the honest truth my wife is pregnant and she cant handle this stress and i dont know what to do to get her out. i live in california i asked her to leave months ago and said no, i asked her to leave a week ago and she said the only way she is leaving is if i move out of my own home! why the hell should i move my wife and my kids just because i want her out. can she really take more time if i evict her legally by court? any advice is appreciated i contacted ice and they dont handle these kinds of situations regardless of her being illegal. hopefully thtat answers the ice questions....
You must evict her. If she has threatened you, you can get a restraining order, and she will have to leave as well. But regardless you must evict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:10 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
LOL - this is a hilarious thread!

For the OP if they still haven't gotten the illegals out - ICE doesn't care. If they did Los Angeles, Phoenix and Vegas would be ghost towns.

For the last guy - tell your Mom you are taking her on vacation - and drop her off in Tijuana. Either that or just wait until she goes out someplace and change the locks, then serve her with a restraining order and call the police if she tries to get back in. LOL One big happy family.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
Is she a renter or a visitor? If this is your place and she is just a guest and not a tenant, you have different rights. Ciontact some legal authority who knows your state laws and find out what is her status in your home.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The amount of racism in this thread is hilarious.

That is funny. ILLEGAL is just that ILLEGAL. They have NO right to be in this great Country of ours. They have no claim to the apartment, no lease agreement, no LEGAL documentation ~~ told the OP they weren't legal, and their papers were fake.

I might be nice and give them 2 weeks to hit the road, but that's a stretch!!

"racism" ~~ nice try.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
You are not supposed to even ask them for their legal status. And ICE does not care.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:24 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
I would put them out and change the locks. But I'd want to know 100% that they are illegal. You would be in a deep load of sht if they were legal and you did that.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
hey peeps, this thread was started in Jan 2010 and was recycled by someone with a mother problem who should have started a new thread. Let it die again already!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
hey peeps, this thread was started in Jan 2010 and was recycled by someone with a mother problem who should have started a new thread. Let it die again already!
When you see a title of a thread to which you think you have something to contribute, first pay attention to the date of the original thread and do a quick skip to see when THAT thread died. Some of these resurrected threads which people contribute to are three or more years old!

Likewise, if you have a problem you'd like advice on, do the same diligent search (it only takes a minute or two) before adding onto a dead thread. Start a new thread! I'm with you, NYAnnie but it's like beating one's head against a brick wall or flogging a dead horse.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:13 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
When you see a title of a thread to which you think you have something to contribute, first pay attention to the date of the original thread and do a quick skip to see when THAT thread died. Some of these resurrected threads which people contribute to are three or more years old!
Just because a thread is old doesn't mean it's not still valuable. If you Google certain topics, these threads come up - so adding new information that adds value is a good thing! Yeah, the Original Poster may have moved on, but that doesn't mean there aren't other people going through the same things, that can be helped by the information in this thread. Calling it a dead thread and suggesting no one should update it, seems a little short-sighted to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I would put them out and change the locks. But I'd want to know 100% that they are illegal. You would be in a deep load of sht if they were legal and you did that.
You'll be in trouble if you do that, even if they are illegal. As has been stated previously in this thread, you have to legally evict - you can't just throw them out and change the locks.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,976 times
to SLIMO4: I have recently found out that the couple I have lease option to buy my home to are illegal immigrates. This has been going on for a little over a year now. I even gave them an eviction notice to vacate the property because of violating the terms of the lease agreement; in complete documentation. They actually had an attorney call me and the attorney told me that I don't have the right to ask for documentations verifying the occupants full name and if I continued to ask for this information that "they" could file harassment charges against me.

Please HELP!!!!!

A.M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting