Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:41 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,030,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea123son View Post
My advice is put a letter through to let them know how you feel. Be polite in this letter, because they might not know they were disturbing you. Then try to record and report to police if they continue to disturb you hammering again. Why? After the letter to make them aware of their noise, any hammering is intentional and can be a cruel nuisance.
I see you're new here- just an FYI, look at the dates of the threads before responding, Offering advice on a situation that someone posted about 7 years ago isn't helpful and will draw the ire of many other posters for reopening old threads. Have fun on City Data!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:56 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea123son View Post
My advice is put a letter through to let them know how you feel. Be polite in this letter, because they might not know they were disturbing you. Then try to record and report to police if they continue to disturb you hammering again. Why? After the letter to make them aware of their noise, any hammering is intentional and can be a cruel nuisance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I see you're new here- just an FYI, look at the dates of the threads before responding, Offering advice on a situation that someone posted about 7 years ago isn't helpful and will draw the ire of many other posters for reopening old threads. Have fun on City Data!
Yeah.. and watch out for the "self-appointed, CD posting-regulators":

Earlier example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Please check the dates on the threads before you throw your two cents in. We get that your neighbors are driving you crazy, but reviving old threads isnt' going to help.
Yes, threads are begun at previous times and don't always remain relevant, but when people are new here they are just getting their feet wet, seeing something of interest and may not catch that a question was from years prior. Maybe if these threads would not be left up for several years, it would prevent the problem of posting and then being judged (or attacked) for doing so.

(I surprisingly just got a notification about activity here, or I would not have even seen this).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting