U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 PM

31,027 posts, read 37,071,824 times

Advertisements

Article on the changes Health Care reform will have on seniors in 2011.

Health Care Reforms Hit Seniors after Ball Drops - CBS Evening News - CBS News

The good and bad. Read for yourself and decide.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 AM

4,697 posts, read 5,834,455 times
I think most of the changes taking place this year are good, positive changes that people on Medicare will embrace - free annual physicals and screenings, shrinking the prescription drug "donut hole", etc. That higher-income Medicare patients will have to pay a bit more is, I think, understandable.

The impending shortage of doctors is a BIG concern. And I think it would be happening regardless of health care reform ... although that may, in the case of Medicare, hasten and/or worsen the shortage. There are provisions in the health care legislation that address both doctor and nurse training, and I hope these provisions are kicking in quickly.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:10 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,633,133 times
Bascially nothing good comes from a 500 billio drop in medicasre taken out . People are already seeing the chnages i phyysians stoppig to take medicare patients. With teh chnages in advanatage spending it will rasie the cost for milions that can't afford it. But its not just retireee on medicare as the mandates are raisign the cost of all health insurnace. For many people not retired it means more and more will have to bare the entire cost of stayting i their company pool if they retire before medicare. Then wait until million sare dumped into medicaid in 2017 and see state cost and taxes rise.Anyone who feeell for the savings from abuse;fraud making yupo foir that 500 billion fell for it everytime that it has never worked before.Healthcare always has tiers. thasoe on medicaid and medicare only will be even more on a bottom tier than ever.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM

322 posts, read 709,287 times
I have copays this year for prescriptions, but I'm extra low income/senior/SSI/ and I think its a California change, not federal. Even though they put on the letter to call Medicare for questions; Medicare just refers you to Medicaid who hates all calls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement