Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:58 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Hey watch those Italian men! What if your DH finds out??

Happiness adds years to a person's life, we'd like to believe. But my mother was miserable and unhappy and lived to 92 with no operations, hospitalizations, or doctor visits in her entire life (other than to have her births). Not one doctor visit!!! I'm convinced that longevity is in the genes. On the other hand, I'd rather live a shorter happy life than a longer unhappy one.

You mean the #2 husband standing next me! My Italian buddy is also married and our hugs are limited to pubic affairs at the check out.

With husband #1, I had those phone calls that every married woman doesn't want and then there was also evidence from the doctor, so I would never inflict that kind of pain on anyone else. So glad to have #2, -- 99% of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,423 times
Cool I feel "old"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
I am 62.... there I said it as in all honesty, I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!
And I am going to join the ranks of the people here in this section in June 2012 after I will have been in the educational field for 34 years.

When I turned 50, I freaked out when AARP first approached me, but when I saw the discounts, went WHOO HOOO! But this next milestone of retiring has me in a true state of denial, for I just cannot believe I am that old. When I look in the mirror, I of course see some wrinkles and some thinning and grey hair (which does "magically disappear" with some help), but I also see great teeth and overall great skin with eyes that shine. And when I just look at my body, I see some age spots on my hands and arms and skin that wants to sag in some places rather that stay where it USE to stay, yet instead of accepting it, I get angry that my "outside" is not still the same as my "inside", for my inside is still in perfect health, with a strong body and young attitude/outlook due to teaching teenagers. When friends from college find me on FB and I look at their photos, I think: Dang, they are old! And, I really do not see them in me.

So what is my flippen problem?? Has anyone else felt this way...almost like you are a "tween" between being a youngster and a teenager as you are older, but not yet "old"?? And when did you finally "feel" old?? Does health have something to do with it??? I am stymied at my behavior at times and thoughts.
I just turned 73 although I think I still look good (especially for my age) but physical limitations make me feel old !! Not much I can do about it (bad back, bad knees) so I make the best of it but I'm not in denial ! I eat right, exercise in the pool several times a week and try to maintain a positive attitude but I kinda feel OLD !

Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
You mean the #2 husband standing next me! My Italian buddy is also married and our hugs are limited to pubic affairs at the check out.
You've got to be kidding!! You can get arrested for this!!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
You've got to be kidding!! You can get arrested for this!!

I truly have no idea how you are interpreting a hug.

In California, that is not a criminal offense, nor anywhere else in the U.S.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I truly have no idea how you are interpreting a hug.

In California, that is not a criminal offense, nor anywhere else in the U.S.
Did you read what I put in bold, above, from your post??

Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Hilarious!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/12.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement