Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 05:38 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Hello Everyone -- Christmas Eve greetings! I've been out in hibernation, sort of, since last Thursday morning when I drove my self to the hospital, and stayed. But got out tonight at about 5 pm, too tired to go to church and needing to stay close to biffy since I just got unhooked from the iv machine! So we will hanging around home and plan to watch, "It's a Wonderful Life".

Anyway, sending Christmas Hello's to the CD Forum. I'll probably be back on tomorrow when I feel a little peppier.
Sorry to hear about your hospitalization, but glad you were granted parole for Christmas!

Old 12-26-2017, 05:40 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Let's see, so far we've had greetings for Hanukkah, Festivus, and Christmas, so now it's time to wish everybody a Happy Boxing Day! (Or whatever the proper salutation is, lol.)

Old 12-26-2017, 09:48 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Happy Kwanzaa!

Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,896 times
It's -5 out. Tomorrow it's supposed to rally to 9 for a high. Brrr

Old 12-26-2017, 11:23 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

May the New Year be good to all of us!
I Agree 100% with this wish ^^^ for the New Year. Lost my only sibling this year to Alzheimer's.........she was 88. Same age as our mother, who also surcumbed to Alzheimer's.

......Hey NYgal1542.......Just wondering.............how much snow have you got in your area?

And just a wild guess.........Is January 5th somebody's Birthday????

Happy New Year to you and all the folks in CD Land.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:47 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
I Agree 100% with this wish ^^^ for the New Year. Lost my only sibling this year to Alzheimer's.........she was 88. Same age as our mother, who also surcumbed to Alzheimer's.

......Hey NYgal1542.......Just wondering.............how much snow have you got in your area?

And just a wild guess.........Is January 5th somebody's Birthday????

Happy New Year to you and all the folks in CD Land.

Hi Montana Griz, the area I am in does not have a lot of snow. But north of here, up around Boylston, it's a different story. Drivers have been advised to stay off the road till about noon today. Lots of cars in the ditch up in that area (toward Watertown). Buffalo, of course, has been hit pretty hard, not unusual. Lake Erie is the culprit..... lake snow effect. The snow belt is anywhere between Watertown and Syracuse. Lake Ontario snow effect.

You've probably heard about Erie, PA, getting something like 53 inches of snow in 2 hours.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. No matter the age, it is very hard to lose a close family member. Both of my sisters are gone, I'm next in line. No brothers.

Wishing you and all of us CDers a very Happy New Year.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:28 AM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Another reason I'm so glad I moved to Arizona. Not much of a burr factor here, lol.

I'm reminiscing this am. Woke up in the middle of the night & started reading. These folks are in the middle of nowhere & the car starts overheating.

Brought such a flashback of a car I had that consumed water like crazy, until I could finally afford a new radiator. I was in my twenties. I could barely afford to even have a car, much less pay to get one fixed.

Now, I look out at my nice car, have a nice apartment, good furniture & I feel so blessed. Yet, I'm glad I have those memories of the struggle I went through when I was young. It sure makes me appreciate what I have & where I am today.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:34 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
Oswego, NY which is right next to Lake Ontario has 3+ feet of snow and it's still falling. And of course we are in for very cold temperatures for the next few days.

I in North Syracuse which thankfully hasn't received a lot of snow. We have gotten a few inches at different times but so far can't measure in feet.

Did I actually say I liked this weather??

Old 12-27-2017, 01:52 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,191,620 times
It's been a quiet week here in Arizona, no major weather issues popping up. I've just been at home resting after coming home from the hospital, and am now enjoying an interesting book.

NYgal, I'm glad you didn't get swamped with snow. Erie sure had a Christmas to remember this year, with all the snow. But sadly, have heard on the news about several horrible traffic accidents likely caused by the slippery roads. So sad.

Oh, just remembered, AZ has been in the news this week but not in a good way. One guy murdered his family on Christmas Day and another murdered his little baby with fatal injuries. Praying for our First Responders and Medical Teams who have to deal with the aftermath. And families and neighbors, and of course the teachers and classmates of the boy, 11, who will not ever come back after Christmas vacation.

Meo, I'm glad you are liking your new home and things are working out well.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:12 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
It's been a quiet week here in Arizona, no major weather issues popping up. I've just been at home resting after coming home from the hospital, and am now enjoying an interesting book.

NYgal, I'm glad you didn't get swamped with snow. Erie sure had a Christmas to remember this year, with all the snow. But sadly, have heard on the news about several horrible traffic accidents likely caused by the slippery roads. So sad.

Oh, just remembered, AZ has been in the news this week but not in a good way. One guy murdered his family on Christmas Day and another murdered his little baby with fatal injuries. Praying for our First Responders and Medical Teams who have to deal with the aftermath. And families and neighbors, and of course the teachers and classmates of the boy, 11, who will not ever come back after Christmas vacation.

Meo, I'm glad you are liking your new home and things are working out well.

Glad you are getting rested up and hope you're healing goes fast! Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous New Year!

I'm doing well. It's been ten weeks since my broken wrist/hip and I'm doing great. I'm trying to 'wean' myself from my cane...it's a pain to keep track of and find places to put it at work!...and I don't use it at all at home. My docs are surprised I've healed so well, so fast, but my friends aren't. They say I'm "too stubborn and feisty" to let it hold me back. lol

And now I move on to the next phase of "old lady" medical 'stuff'. I'll be having eye surgery in Feb. on both eyes. The bad news is that I DO have some Macular Degeneration as well. My left eye is really bad. Two years ago I was told that Medicare didn't think it was "bad enough" to warrant surgery and I found out why today. They did all the eye exams but the doctor who saw me was their plastic surgeon and only looking at 'fixing' my left eyelid that now droops a little. THAT is what wasn't "bad enough". So, I've wasted over two years and my eyes getting worse and worse for nothing. Sigh.

I heard a little of the news but not a lot. I've been trying to stay away from it the last few days and get really rested up from the Christmas Chaos that is known as Walmart! lol Back to it tomorrow but I will look that up because, now, I want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement