Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 12:27 PM

5,946 posts, read 5,098,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
You've had too many problems with them. I would move elsewhere. Maybe this is the push you need?
I've been thinking that lately.

If I wasn't such a coward, I would do it. I just don't really know where I want to go.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:41 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,656,452 times
I feel very old.

It was one of those rare days when it is warm enough outdoors to get the house good and warm, so I washed dogs and bedding. At one time, I would have cleaned the bathroom too, and finished up with a load of laundry.

Instead, I am sitting on the sofa, wiped out. I almost waited too long. When I can smell the stink, I feel like I have crossed the rubicon. We made it back one more time

I am thinking about you all and wishing you well.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:16 PM

2,829 posts, read 1,774,260 times
AZGarden, Boomer is Over the Rainbow bridge, where many furbabies will greet him; hugs to you.

MMOB-Accent the Positive you do; travelin' mercies !

newcomputer-you took care of yr furbabies; other stuff will always be there. Put your feet, and enjoy a glass of sweet tea !

Olympic Peninsula---Snowdrops have awaken in the side yard that faces the lane, robins abound !

Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,980,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Very sad day for me. Had to put my beloved dog Boomer to sleep yesterday. He was the best dog ever. I can't stop crying today.
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking this is.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:47 PM

6,346 posts, read 7,721,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Very sad day for me. Had to put my beloved dog Boomer to sleep yesterday. He was the best dog ever. I can't stop crying today.
It hurts so much when a beloved member of the family leaves us. I hope you can find peace and comfort in the memories of your shared times together.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-29-2018, 06:44 AM

11,171 posts, read 15,964,111 times
Here's a new one.....

There's been debate and controversy for years in this forum about the posting of so-called off-topic subjects, so much so that TPTB created a sticky informing people to quit lodging complaints about such threads/posts. Consequently, people create threads on just about any subject under the sun here with the exception of hard-core politics. Rarely does anything get locked or moved. Which brings us to yesterday...

A poster living in New York created a thread about retiring soon and contemplating relocation, which is a common discussion topic here. She had been considering N.H., but now was contemplating Maine, TN, VA, and PA. She was also looking for suggestions of other areas that might meet her criteria. For some unknown, illogical, and completely unfathomable reason, this completely on topic retirement thread was moved out of the Retirement Forum and placed in the NH forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...elocation.html

I know we're not supposed to discuss moderator actions, but c'mon now; does that make sense to anyone?

Old 01-29-2018, 09:39 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,656,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Here's a new one.....

There's been debate and controversy for years in this forum about the posting of so-called off-topic subjects, so much so that TPTB created a sticky informing people to quit lodging complaints about such threads/posts. Consequently, people create threads on just about any subject under the sun here with the exception of hard-core politics. Rarely does anything get locked or moved. Which brings us to yesterday...

A poster living in New York created a thread about retiring soon and contemplating relocation, which is a common discussion topic here. She had been considering N.H., but now was contemplating Maine, TN, VA, and PA. She was also looking for suggestions of other areas that might meet her criteria. For some unknown, illogical, and completely unfathomable reason, this completely on topic retirement thread was moved out of the Retirement Forum and placed in the NH forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...elocation.html

I know we're not supposed to discuss moderator actions, but c'mon now; does that make sense to anyone?

not to me

Old 01-29-2018, 10:08 AM

5,946 posts, read 5,098,924 times
MMoB: I have to wonder what justification they are using for doing this. Is it a "new" moderator?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 AM

6,346 posts, read 7,721,264 times
[mod note] Yes, open discussion of moderator actions is "frowned upon". Please send a DM to the Retirement forum moderator, (i.e., VTsnowbird), expressing your thoughts. Thank you. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM

11,171 posts, read 15,964,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
[mod note] Yes, open discussion of moderator actions is "frowned upon". Please send a DM to the Retirement forum moderator, (i.e., VTsnowbird), expressing your thoughts. Thank you. [/mod note]
First of all, I believe we've been instructed not to DM moderators to complain about the appropriateness of threads being posted in this forum. Secondly, I have no additional thoughts to express. Finally, DMing a mod to get an explanation wouldn't change the fact that it's been moved. (Although admittedly, it would be humorous to hear the reasoning.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.