Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 07:52 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

AZDesertBrat: Very sorry for your loss, that must have been such a shock to you.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:56 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,420,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Spent a great Easter with the family, it was 75 degrees today. WAY too warm for my taste. Anyway the food was great, I took home a ton of leftovers and my 4 year old niece and I had a long talk about the mysteries of the universe.

She decided the one who got the "prize egg" in the Easter egg hunt was the queen of the galaxy.

I don't know about that but she did get $5.
I would give my eye teeth to be Queen of the Galaxy! Next year, please alert me as to the location of this particular Easter egg hunt.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I would give my eye teeth to be Queen of the Galaxy! Next year, please alert me as to the location of this particular Easter egg hunt.
Sadly won't be one next year, most of the relatives with my adorable nieces are moving away.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:04 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,133 times
Well I am just exhausted!!! Just watched a mama horse give birth........ holy mackerel.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:41 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I JUST found out that my best friend died! On Feb. 19th, one day after her 65th b'day. I've tried to call her but no answer and I knew her mom was coming home from the rehab center soon...fell and broke her hip...so wanted to find out how things were going. Her brother just called. She donated her body to Univ. of AZ in Tucson and NOBODY was notified! Her brother had to go through her phone to get all our numbers. I went by her house the other day but nobody was there. Evidently her brother just brought their mom home yesterday. What a shock!! This is going to take some getting my head around and she was my ONLY friend as well.
It is so hard to hear this. I remember when my best friend was hospitalized & subsequently died. Such a shock. Especially when you don't even get the chance to say goodbye. My friend was in a coma by the time I found out so I didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

It's going to be hard for you for quite a while. Give yourself plenty of time & permission to grieve. It took me years before I got to the point of not crying.

You may want to check out the grief forum. It really helped me after my son's death.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:59 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Well, my City-Data streak is over. It had been going for one year, five months, 3 weeks, and 4 days, but it came to an abrupt end yesterday at 10:03am. I guess it's time to reset the clock. Let's see, so far I'm at 1 day, 2 hours, and 56 minutes, lol.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:19 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, my City-Data streak is over.
???

Old 04-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, my City-Data streak is over. It had been going for one year, five months, 3 weeks, and 4 days, but it came to an abrupt end yesterday at 10:03am. I guess it's time to reset the clock. Let's see, so far I'm at 1 day, 2 hours, and 56 minutes, lol.
I think Hurley and John Locke will help you reset that clock, but don't forget to push the button.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I JUST found out that my best friend died! On Feb. 19th, one day after her 65th b'day. I've tried to call her but no answer and I knew her mom was coming home from the rehab center soon...fell and broke her hip...so wanted to find out how things were going. Her brother just called. She donated her body to Univ. of AZ in Tucson and NOBODY was notified! Her brother had to go through her phone to get all our numbers. I went by her house the other day but nobody was there. Evidently her brother just brought their mom home yesterday. What a shock!! This is going to take some getting my head around and she was my ONLY friend as well.
Sorry to hear that AZ

Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Finally a chance to get back here. Thank you guys for your caring. It is so appreciated.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my friend is gone. I'm going to see her mom today and pick up all the stuff I loaned them for her to use when she came home. All she wants to use now is the toilet riser and I don't blame her. It was so convenient for me I kept using it after I didn't need to anymore.

To those who mentioned it...yes, I know I have friends here. And I care so much for all of you. You're about the closest thing I have to family who CARES anymore.

Yesterday at work was a hard one. The day from he!!. I don't think I've ever seen/heard such grouchy and hateful customers. Everybody was talking about it so I know it wasn't just me. One of our greeters got two bags of 'stuff' dumped on him, and cussed out, just because he asked to check a woman's receipt. Upper management and security are on them HARD to do it but the customers resent it...a lot. Most of them shop at Costco and I bet they don't do that there! Another greeter almost got decked for the same reason. It's crazy. I didn't want to be there in the first place but figured, since it was my Friday, I'd make it okay. I did...barely. I'm cutting my hours May 1st and I can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement