Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 09:33 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
I'm so ticked! Stopped to get gas today and found out that someone dinged my car. The (expletive deleted) person did not have the courtesy to leave a note on my car

I also didn't realize that portion of the car is fiberglass.
I’d be ticked too. It happened to me when a guy towing a boat hit the corner of my truck, denting it. I was getting change at the car wash, he drove out, hit it, and immediately took off. Which indicates he KNEW he had hit something.

If you have comprehensive imsurance coverage, that should help but there will still be a deductible, unless you chose a more expensive premium to have zero deductible. I found a body shop that fixed the dent at reasonable charge, so I didn’t even file a claim.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:33 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Woke up this Sunday morning to heavy snow. Taking the doggie for a walk.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:35 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Good morning good people

I decided to join this chat group instead of starting a new thread about something that has probably already been discussed.

I have had trouble sleeping. And that has led to me being a cranky witch. Almost everyone i associate with gets on my nerves.

Well i finally slept like a log last night and i feel so much better. I also skipped our usual Saturday night get together. Maybe that helped me sleep too. I would come home just ticked off at the usual conversations. All female group and they will complain about the grandkids they take care of, the church and if they have a husband - complain about him

It would probably be better if we discussed politics -lol

I thought i can't continue to sit there and grin and smile when they drive me up the wall. I will slowly have to cut myself loose from this crowd. It includes two siblings. We just don't have the same interests.

Ok - i feel better telling someone. Guess this will be the start of a new adventure

Old 03-31-2019, 09:29 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
I'm so ticked! Stopped to get gas today and found out that someone dinged my car. The (expletive deleted) person did not have the courtesy to leave a note on my car

I also didn't realize that portion of the car is fiberglass.
My car is also fiberglass and got scratched pretty good at the chiropractors' office -- twice. The guilty party was the white van I had parked beside -- the second time because that was the only place to park.

That white van belonged to the chiro's late 70's mother who shouldn't have been driving, judging by all the dents in the van

No, I didn't say anything --- this chiro is one of the best East of the Mississippi and I would not be walking and mucking stalls without his help. Thankfully tiny little munchkin Mummy Dearest doesn't drive herself to the clinic anymore.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:55 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,112,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Good morning good people

I decided to join this chat group instead of starting a new thread about something that has probably already been discussed.

I have had trouble sleeping. And that has led to me being a cranky witch. Almost everyone i associate with gets on my nerves.

Well i finally slept like a log last night and i feel so much better. I also skipped our usual Saturday night get together. Maybe that helped me sleep too. I would come home just ticked off at the usual conversations. All female group and they will complain about the grandkids they take care of, the church and if they have a husband - complain about him

It would probably be better if we discussed politics -lol

I thought i can't continue to sit there and grin and smile when they drive me up the wall. I will slowly have to cut myself loose from this crowd. It includes two siblings. We just don't have the same interests.

Ok - i feel better telling someone. Guess this will be the start of a new adventure

I wish we had a smilie for giving people hugs. I'd send you a few, because I've been there and done that, too. Sometimes skipping a group that is getting on your nerves can be the best medicine. The same goes for city-data forums (or threads). A little time away can work miracles.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Woke up this Sunday morning to heavy snow. Taking the doggie for a walk.

Here in Philly it was sunny and a warm 76 degrees ... yesterday. Today it is a cooler and drizzly day.

Two days ago I turned off and shut down the home heating furnace. Today I'm packing away my winter clothes - sweaters, flannel shirts. etc. The warmer season here is from April 1st until Nov. 1st.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:34 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,417 times
Got up to about 60 degrees last two days, later tonight down to 27 with snow coming our way.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:35 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Good morning good people

Well i finally slept like a log last night and i feel so much better. I also skipped our usual Saturday night get together. Maybe that helped me sleep too ...

Since I transitioned into "semi-retirement" 5 months ago and my daily schedule is much less structured now my sleep habits have gone haywire. A High School classmate of mine, who lives up in New England now, says she plays a game called "Nap Roulette." When she takes a nap she does not set the alarm clock. She wakes up not knowing if she napped for 30 minutes or 4 hours!!! My naps are more predictable, never shorter than almost an hour and never longer than 2 hours.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Since I transitioned into "semi-retirement" 5 months ago and my daily schedule is much less structured now my sleep habits have gone haywire. A High School classmate of mine, who lives up in New England now, says she plays a game called "Nap Roulette." When she takes a nap she does not set the alarm clock. She wakes up not knowing if she napped for 30 minutes or 4 hours!!! My naps are more predictable, never shorter than almost an hour and never longer than 2 hours.
I try to nap once a day. I napped all afternoon yesterday and slept like a log all night!

I feel so much better.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I wish we had a smilie for giving people hugs. I'd send you a few, because I've been there and done that, too. Sometimes skipping a group that is getting on your nerves can be the best medicine. The same goes for city-data forums (or threads). A little time away can work miracles.
I also saved about 30 bucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement