Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 09:34 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I think mine was 20? Don't know how to fish but bought a license. How do you learn? I'm on a facebook group and its like a foreign language. Crank baits, lunkers, jigging. Seems very complicated.

A regular fishing license here is $34.25, then add a $10 habitat stamp, search and rescue fee, wildlife education fee...it gets pretty darn expensive.

To learn how to fish I would recommend you go to your local state park and ask them. Most have rods you can borrow. It can be very complicated or as simple as putting a worm on a hook and throwing it in the water. My dad taught me when I was 7 some 60 years ago.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:57 AM

3,550 posts, read 3,112,174 times
Otterhere has been posting more on the real estate forum. I guess he's getting more and more serious about buying that retirement house!

Old 04-08-2019, 10:01 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I have been noticing lately how much judgement we impose on each other and that bothers me.
Shouldn't this be a place we can express what we feel/think without someone ripping into our posts and giving all the reasons why it's a "lousy" post? How misinformed we are? Or what a waste of their time it was to read someone else's post?

Who are the perfect people?
??? I have not noticed this at all. It seems to me that almost everyone on this forum is non judgmental and very easy going. If you find it otherwise, maybe you should report it to the mod. JMHO

Old 04-08-2019, 10:46 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
??? I have not noticed this at all. It seems to me that almost everyone on this forum is non judgmental and very easy going. If you find it otherwise, maybe you should report it to the mod. JMHO

Just goes to show you how we all can interpret things so differently.
No, I would never "report" my feelings to a Mod.

Everyone is a free agent here. I'm not the leader.

I commented on what I thought and felt.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:51 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Storm blowing in, forecast today 75 degrees, tomorrow rain/snow 40's. Think I'll sit on the patio have an Old Fashioned and smoke a cigar. It's remarkably quiet here.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:59 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
You have some unusual dreams...
You "guys" are so lucky. Ever since I joined the Navy as an impressionable, immature 18-year old, I have not been able to remember any of my dreams upon waking. I know that I dream; they just cannot be recalled once I regain consciousness in the morning, no matter how hard I try. Pretty sure the Navy is not the cause. This change happened long before any of the trauma associated with military duties and experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Storm blowing in, forecast today 75 degrees, tomorrow rain/snow 40's. Think I'll sit on the patio have an Old Fashioned and smoke a cigar. It's remarkably quiet here.
Chatting with a RV fellow in Denver on the phone yesterday about purchasing one of his rental units, (they periodically turn over their stock for new units). He mentioned the expected snow and to not plan on coming this week. Here in North Idaho, we've just had rain and a few, brief thunderstorms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
No, I would never "report" my feelings to a Mod.
Are we really so cold and heartless? Now my feelings are hurt.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,249,610 times
Got jury summons for Federal. Since it was over 60 miles to Tucson, I went up and spent the night before since I had to be there at 8 a.m. First time actually inside the city other than in/out at airport. Got lost -- my Garmin didn't work cause my very bad kitty had chewed the cord. Needless to say, I got lost trying to find the motel and again trying to find the parking lot by the courthouse.

Though I was assigned Juror #56, the judge would not release any of us before the lunch break. In fact, he kept us all until almost 4 p.m. When I got called for service in Bisbee, we were excused at noon. I wasn't at all thrilled with being kept so long Then multiple accidents on I-10 coming home - just wasn't my day. Anyone got a hug to spare?

Old 04-11-2019, 03:40 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,112,174 times
Oh man, that's no fun. Here's a hug to spare, and a few dozen more!

Old 04-11-2019, 03:56 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
Deelighted -- Sending a gentle hug! Hope you catch it! Sorry you had to go through all that.

Feeling kind of in shock right now. We found out that our son-in-law's sister, who lives in rural Minnesota, was caught in the blizzard yesterday and killed in a wreck. She and her husband were going to the drug store hoping to pick up medicine before the storm hit, but were caught in it. So sad.

I feel for folks in the storm's path. All this additional snow will melt and we may get more flooding. And of course it will all head downstream, too.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:16 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,417 times
Deelighted, sending hugs to you, too! What an experience!
I got a form to fill out for jury duty but no followup from anyone. Maybe they think I'm too old. I hope so.

Hollyhock Garden, that storm is unbelievable. I see the pictures on TV. Very sorry to hear about your son-in-law's sister. So much tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement