Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 10:48 AM

895 posts, read 1,134,858 times

Advertisements

I've heard the Dollar Tree carries them, but, I can not confirm.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:42 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,361,347 times
Default A bad senior moment

Is this the start of something bad? Last night I forgot to feed the dogs. I know I didn't because some leftovers from my lunch are still sitting in the fridge where I put them to add to the dogs bowls at dinner time. Not that either of them would starve to death missing one meal even if the chocolate lab would have you think so. The fact that I forgot is rather scary to me. What else am I missing?

On a lighter note tomorrow I get to have a big adventure. I'll get off the Blue Ridge Plateau and head down the mountain to Costco in Winston-Salem. Generally they are a week or two ahead of us when it comes to spring weather and so many of the trees and shrubs will be in bloom and it should be a lovely 90 mile drive.

Last edited by zugor; 04-09-2014 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-09-2014, 06:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Is this the start of something bad? Last night I forgot to feed the dogs. I know I didn't because some leftovers from my lunch are still sitting in the fridge where I put them to add to the dogs bowls at dinner time. Not that either of them would stave to death missing one meal even if the chocolate lab would have you think so. The fact that I forgot is rather scary to me. What else am I missing?

On a lighter note tomorrow I get to have a big adventure. I'll get off the Blue Ridge Plateau and head down the mountain to Costco in Winston-Salem. Generally they are a week or two ahead of us when it comes to spring weather and so many of the trees and shrubs will be in bloom and it should be a lovely 90 mile drive.
Well . . . things happen. I don't think it is a big sign of memory loss . . . you were probably just distracted and forgot!

I do a lot better when I keep lists around . . . and if you find yourself forgetting things, why not just write down a "daily to do" as well as another list for the things that pop up . . . I bet you will find that you rarely forget anything that is part of your daily routine.

Hope you have a good trip to the Old North State today! Foggy and cold here in the mountains. Feels like November. Crazy weather.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,937,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Foggy and cold here in the mountains. Feels like November. Crazy weather.
April what?, and we are still wearing our winter jackets most days. Some days start off slightly sunnier and warmer but by afternoon, cold and cloudy. Strange, with the predictions that this year may be one of the "warmest" ever recorded.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,729,200 times
Zug, maybe you were preoccupied with your trip? Or something else? I think just the scare it put into you will guarantee that you won't do it again.

negirl, it does feel like March. Soon to be 60 come tomorrow. Yep, right from the fire into the frying pan, 70 next week. I will sooooo take it. I'm still watching the snowpiles and icebergs in the yard. Maybe tomorrow I will take down the Christmas decorations the snow is still too high to get at some of them. At least I unplugged the lights last month.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
April what?, and we are still wearing our winter jackets most days. Some days start off slightly sunnier and warmer but by afternoon, cold and cloudy. Strange, with the predictions that this year may be one of the "warmest" ever recorded.
Yep, still putting on my winter coat to take my furkid walkies.

I so wanted to set out some plants b/f I left here to go back to Charlotte, but I am worried about doing that at this point. :-(

Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
Yesterday was cold and foggy here. I really want to be outside and I need to start seeds but this weather makes me just want to sit inside.

Memory problems? The "where is my car in the parking lot question" -- I just got back from the grocery store and a young pony tail type gal was standing in the parking lot looking lost. A guy about 45 (?) said, "Forgot where you car is? Happens to me all the time."

So it has no age limits. (Hope that makes somebody feel better.)

Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,878,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yesterday was cold and foggy here. I really want to be outside and I need to start seeds but this weather makes me just want to sit inside.

Memory problems? The "where is my car in the parking lot question" -- I just got back from the grocery store and a young pony tail type gal was standing in the parking lot looking lost. A guy about 45 (?) said, "Forgot where you car is? Happens to me all the time."

So it has no age limits. (Hope that makes somebody feel better.)
It's been really nice here and I'm enjoying it because the heat will soon be upon us. I spent all of yesterday doing housework, laundry and cooking for the week so didn't get to enjoy the outdoors. I did keep eyeing the gazebo though and thought that a book and a glass of ice tea would be nice! lol Today, as soon as I can get myself moving, I'm going out of town. Shopping and lunch with cousins.

After I had 'lost' my car a few times, and felt like an idiot wandering around looking for it, I got into the habit of checking the lane number. The other day I forgot...it was two rows over from where I was looking. Gads...

Old 04-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep, still putting on my winter coat to take my furkid walkies.

I so wanted to set out some plants b/f I left here to go back to Charlotte, but I am worried about doing that at this point. :-(
Trust the final frost date for your planting region. I see folks here buying pansies and petunias to plant outside now, they are wasting their money.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post

After I had 'lost' my car a few times, and felt like an idiot wandering around looking for it, I got into the habit of checking the lane number. The other day I forgot...it was two rows over from where I was looking. Gads...
Time for the old lady "pompom" or plastic daisy on your car antenna, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.