Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry I wasn't clear Ani....
He already had broken ribs from the first attempt....this was the 3rd 'event' so I didn't let them revive him this last time..
I believe he had just hung on wanting to get home. He almost made it and did get to see his 'girls' at least.

Last edited by old_cold; 05-24-2014 at 09:05 AM..

Old 05-24-2014, 08:37 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
old_cold - I wasn't sure if he had passed either. I'm glad he was able to get back home - I wish you all strength and all the best in these coming days. TG you have your daughter with you.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
He already had broken ribs from the first attempt....this was the 3rd 'event' so I didn't not let them revive him this last time..
I believe he had just hung on wanting to get home. He almost made it and did get to see his 'girls' at least.
Yes, it sounds like he held on as long as he could.

It was time, his time, and he knew it.

Your advice and insight has helped me so much as a caretaker. Please know how grateful I am for your sharing with me.

Thinking of you. Please take some time for yourself. I know you are not big into hugs, but I am sending them anyway, as it is the only way I know to comfort long distance. If we were together, I would fix tea, dust furniture, plant some flowers and be very quiet while you rested. But I am not there. ((((hugs)))

Old 05-24-2014, 08:54 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Quote:
He already had broken ribs from the first attempt....this was the 3rd 'event' so I didn't not let them revive him this last time..
So very sorry for your loss.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:39 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
He already had broken ribs from the first attempt....this was the 3rd 'event' so I didn't let them revive him this last time..
I too am sorry for the loss of your husband. It must be gratifying that he made it home. I assume the "girls" are your daughters. Circle in and take your time every step of the way. It's like walking in a trance, with a guardian angel close by.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry. I think you are right, you understood. I hope you find some comfort and peace and that you heal in your own time and way.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:11 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,646 times
Quote:
So sorry for your loss.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
I'd like to pretend that this due to my state of mind at this time but since it happened last year also, I can't.
Maybe others that are snowbirds experience that , if you haven't lived in a house a long time and then come back to it after having been away for many months, you don't know where things are.
Incorporating the idea of downsizing and organizing....I did a pretty big one last year just before we left and don't remember a lot of the 'new, better' places some things were put.
The kitchen clock is going to say 9:45 until I locate the battery stash. I told my daughter to ignore the dishes piling up, figuring it is a good time for the seldom used dishwasher.......but went I went to load it, realized I don't have one in this house.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
old_cold, I send you prayers. The loss of my stepdad nearly two years ago and the recent loss of my aunt (both unexpected) has taught me volumes and renewed my faith.

And CD really helped me with grief, too.

The one thing I did learn that was most important was don't be angry at what was taken away, be thankful for all that you had. Letting go of the anger was key, for me.

The other thing was the departed want only your happiness, not writhing in sorrow.

CCc Girl

Old 05-25-2014, 07:50 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
old cold - You may think you don't like hugs but you do need a big one right now. Your world has been turned upside down. Let people do things for you - the clock can wait. Wish I were closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement