Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 10:37 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,568,156 times

Advertisements

I would never go to DC in the summer. One time I ended up camping in Everglades National Park in August--my, oh my! Streaks of lightening across the sky all night, weird and loud chirping and buzzing sounds, howling sounds, and humid??????
When we were driving into the campground there was clickity clickity clickity so we stopped to see what we were running over. It was trillions of tiny frogs all over the road. Nothing we could do but run over them.

Here it snowed yesterday and it's still below freezing today. But I did get the back door open for the first time since late January! That's progress.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:38 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,568,156 times
Barb, take it easy. It's boring now but think long term. Can you watch some movies? Is there anything good on tv? Or just read here on CD all day long. Maybe a good book. Anything to pass the time.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:40 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,732,770 times
Make lists. Plot and plan. Once you are healed you will wish you rested up.

Some of our fav feel good movies...

Uncle Buck
The Quiet Man
Hope Floats
the Princess Diaries
To Catch a Thief
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Night Shift
the Money Pit
the Thin Man
Overboard
the Golden Child
Coming to America
Trading Places

Yep, inne, snowed yeaterday, nicer today then more snow tomorrow. Warmer promises on the horizon, though, there is hope!

Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 PM

2,838 posts, read 3,180,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

Sometimes they bark rather than howl. A few years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of a coyote puppy barking coming in through my open bedroom window. A second or so later I heard the enraged barking of two dogs who had been sawing logs up to that moment. The coyote puppy was directly under the window of their sanctum sanctorum. I knew just why he or she was there.

The coyote family had undoubtedly had a good night of hunting and had headed home to sleep. However, the little one had undoubtedly wanted to play, After receiving a few snarls and chomps for his effort, he thought, ''I've smelled those coyotes in that funny looking den that has a human living with them. Maybe they'll play with me.''
Reminds me of one summer night when I had the windows open. A coyote chased a small animal right up to my chain link fence about 6' from the BR window. The critter got through but the coyote couldn't. It stood there barking incessantly, like a dog, until I got up and yelled Shut Up at it. That must have surprised it because it stopped the noise. My dogs never barked back.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:25 PM

6,954 posts, read 12,026,907 times
Thanks for all the great suggestions ! Today I actually got out of the house with my daughter and SIL who took me to the grocery store for some needed items. Funny how when you have no appetite it feels wierd seeing all those food choices on the shelves and not want any of it ! I guess this is normal (no appetite after surgery) since my extensive internet reading says so. I should have asked to go to the library instead. Now there, I could have stocked up. Day 11 and counting.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:45 PM

Barb, how long are you on recliner duty? I thought they had hip patients walking laps around the hospital before discharge........

Old 03-30-2015, 07:48 PM

6,954 posts, read 12,026,907 times
CC: Yes, that's true. It's not good to lay around more than an hour or two at a time. I am up walking around the house, trying to keep up with housework, taking care of the animals, etc, but I can't drive yet. (Actually I am going to try it tomorrow. Am going to meet a friend for brunch). It's still very painful and am off the Percs now trying to just use Advil. Still have to wear those tight knee lengths all the time. I still cannot work in my garden, clean my house, walk the dogs, or do heavy lifting. Sleeping is awful. No way to get comfortable. But, as I said before, patience is a virtue and I have none !!!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:54 AM

Eek, Percocet makes me nauseous, always has.

DH uses icepacks and the heating pad a lot, they do help.

Tight knee lengths???

I've heard that sleeping can be tough at first. Maybe stay in that recliner........

Good luck today getting out for brunch!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:34 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,907,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Eek, Percocet makes me nauseous, always has.
Me too.

Cannot tolerate it. Makes me extremely nauseous and sick. A few months ago I had a bad toothache and I took prescription strength Tylenol.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 AM

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, after taking one Perc I flushed the rest.

Barb, did you make the lunch date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.